Birthdays, Bullocks and Bruises

07:17 Karen 1 Comments

It was my boy's birthday yesterday. He is not big on birthdays, like Gracie and me and likes a very low key affair - he even said "Shall I pretend to be excited for Gracie?" How sad is that, not even excited on your own birthday. We Gracia and I always make up for the lack of excitement by being hyper excited instead! We even had to prompt him to open his presents at about 8.00pm - he had forgotten he had presents to open - how could anyone not rip the paper off the instant they are given presents is beyond belief!

I spent most of yesterday making Christmas journals - they took longer than I expected but I am hoping that as I ironed out the problems as I went along the next batch will be quicker.

After I retrieved Gracie from Hannah's (I think Eileen will have to start charging rent the amount of time Gracie spends in her house) and we went 'birthday food' shopping at Sainsburys I made a Pizza Pie for tea and Gracia made a profiterole birthday cake. It was quite spectacular.



We all went for an early evening walk down to the river. What a glorious evening and what a fabulous time we had. David and Gracie fooled about the whole time and it really gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling to see the the bond they have. I took the final photo for my 'Seasons of Love' lo that has been a year in the planning and now I have a photo of the two of them walking for all seasons!



We saw these absolutely beautiful bullocks (they were getting very frisky at one point and I had to look away!)


a hot air balloon



played chase the stick with Kiera



they did Superman impressions



and Gracia gave us a demonstration of her speed walking skills (she thinks she could be an Olympic contender!) I laughed so much that a man painting his gate stopped what he was doing to stare at me!



Finally look at the state of poor Gracia's leg. The blooming wasp sting has left a horrible bruise.


Reasons to be cheerful:-

1. We are going to the cinema with Eileen and Hannah to see The Time Traveller's Wife, this evening.

2. I have two los in Scrapbook Inspiration this month so am going to buy a copy.

3. July's invoices are finished - I only have August's invoices, the VAT return and the year ends for both business to do now!

Photobucket

1 comments:

Ladkyis said...

She could be allergic to wasp stings. That's how it started with me. The first sting swelled up so that the area was about 4-5 inches across. The next time it spread right up my leg and the third time I got stun on my toe and my throat swelled up. Make sure she is tested because it is REALLY dangerous. I have to carry an epipen now just incase - I haven't been stung in 28 years but it could be fatal. Please get her tested just in case, to prove me wrong.