Lion Taming, Retail Therapy and Buttons, Brads and Bling

15:23 Karen 0 Comments




This week we are running a holiday club at church and the theme is 'God's Zoo'. I am one of the leaders of the Lions - a group of children aged 7, 8 and 9 - hence the lion taming bit of the blog title. It is very tiring but oh so rewarding. The children are with us for 2 1/2 hours and it is lovely to see them having so much fun learning stories from the Bible.

After holiday club yesterday, I drove to Ipswich to pick up the girls from a pre-college shopping trip and decided that I did need to go into town to buy the handbag that I saw on Saturday but had resisted - it was from a charity shop and was only £3.49 - can you believe it? It is just so absolutely gorgeous and soooooooo me!


This page has been in the making since Sunday and was made for the SLYMI challenge on UKS. The challenge was to make a square lo, smaller than 12 x 12 and then put it onto a 12 x 12 piece of card stock. Well - I made the lo, put it onto a piece of card stock and didn't like the amount of white space around it. I then doodled a border in brown but still did not like it. This morning, I decided to try a few buttons, brads and bling and now I like it.


For me the more I can pile onto a lo the better! I used My Little Shoebox paper - I could happily just scrap with their ranges - love, love, love them so much.



I am sitting here wondering how can Gracia have gone from this cute little 11 year old to this sophisticated 16 year old in such a short time. I don't think that the photos look like the same girl!

Reasons to be cheerful:

1. Holiday Club is such a success and I love spending time with the children teaching bible stories.

2. This week has been a week for re-establishing old friendships and making new ones.

3. A cup of tea and one (or two) chocolate biscuits are waiting for me in the kitchen!

Photobucket

0 comments: