Our Girl Did Good!

15:42 Karen 4 Comments


Well, like so many families, Thursday brought us the long awaited GCSE results and I can only say that we were thrilled, delighted, amazed and so proud of our girl. (David said I have phoned everybody in the Colchester phone directory to tell them our news!)


Our little girl has left school with 5 A*s, 6 As and (a C for French - I am whispering the last one).
Even with those grades she was disappointed that she only got an A and not an A* in Maths and Chemistry.

I went to the fabulous Wyverstone crop yesterday and sat between my good friends Eileen and Karelyn and opposite Nikki and what a fantastic day I had. It was lovely to sit and chat with the girls - hence not much scrapping done but lots of eating and gossing, so maybe not a productive day but certainly a fun one.


I did get one page made about all the things I love about our house and the new bathroom features quite heavily in the photos. I have realised that I haven't taken any proper photos to show so will try to get that done next week.

This page took ages because I used some fabulous My Little Shoebox paper and spent ages cutting out the little windows, doors and roofs and then using foam pads to create a 3D border. I must have spent at least 2 hours just doing that!


Once I had finished the main work on the page I realised that I hadn't brought along any brown letter stickers and so Eileen came to the rescue - thanks bud - and I was able to blag H O M E from a brand new pack of Doodlebug stickers. That's real friendship for you xxx


Also in a moment of madness, on Friday, I signed up to a Shimelle class - Learn Something New Every Day. It was really a spur of the moment click of the mouse that made me join because as soon as I had sent the payment I reflected on how little time I always have in September and panicked how I was going to get a page a day done. I then remembered that on my recent trip to ArtBase I had purchased a set of Jenny Bowlin chipboard Bind it All covers and these would make a very cute 6 x 4 album. A size that even I should be able to find time to do each day. I may well get up a little early each day to complete my page. Also because of the size I can scan and upload the pages rather than photograph them so this means that I will be able to scrap in the evening and not worry about photographing the results if necessary.



I made the covers yesterday and am pleased with the results - they have all the things I love on them - quirkyness (the cute little birds, I knew I would find an ideal project to use this paper, oh ye of little faith who laughed at me for buying it), blossoms and bling and most of all bright colours.





So my pages have all been cut and are 6 x 4.5 and white - I so love scrapping on white or black and I think I will use the gorgeous black, white, pink and cerise Luxe Design papers that I inadvertently (no, really I kid you not) fell into my shopping basket when I was looking on A Trip Down Memory Lane's website, last week! So I'm all fired up and ready to to.


Tomorrow I must do the bookwork for the dreaded VAT return and also a few other admin jobs but hope to get in a little walk with the family too.

I will leave you with a photo of the magnificent rainbow that was outside our house on Friday. I have never seen such a vivid rainbow with such vibrant colours it was truly spectacular and my photographic skills do not do it justice.



Reasons to be cheerful:

1. We have so much to be proud of in our beautiful talented and smart daughter.

2. I cannot put into words how much I enjoyed my day out with the girls yesterday - thank you to everyone who was there.

3. I am actually looking forward to going back to school on Thursday as I have missed the company of all the little people I work with.


Photobucket




4 comments:

Calendula said...

Glad that your daughter did so well in her exams! Thank you for your comment about my LSNED cover page....yours is stunning!!

scrappysue said...

scrappysue from Shimelle's popping in! Love your cover, its so bright and cheery; I am a flower and bling girl myself, although I may try digi this time, just to keep up! Hope you enjoy class. Sue

humel said...

Hi there, also dropped by from Shimelle's :-) _Love_ your covers!! Have you seen the gorgeous bird fabric at Ikea? I bought some last week, there's a pic on my blog. It doesn't show the pattern all that clearly but enough to tease you... ;-) See you in class!

{ Emma } said...

Just headed over from Shimelle's forum. Congratulations to your daughter, she did so well.

Love that LO and the covers for LSNED are fab. Can't wait to see the rest.