Missing My Girl.

21:09 Karen 0 Comments

Today I realised how much I missed Gracia when she isn't here! It was her first full day at college and I couldn't wait for her to get home. It's strange really because we have seen very little of her over the last 12 weeks and I was out until about 4.30 but I suppose I was anxious as to how her day had gone and whether she was happy with her subject groups etc - she was very happy in fact. I waited ages with my camera in hand for this photo!


This afternoon I had my first handwriting lesson with a class of 5 to 7 year olds.


It was the first time they had written in handwriting books and I was astonished at how well most of them did. They were such a quiet and attentive class and worked so hard that we had time for a story at the end of the lesson. I think reading stories comes close to being one of my favourite activities at school.

When Gracia got home she had loads of homework and as her laptop has been returned to HP she has to use my pc. Today I realised how much I dislike sharing my computer. I like to be able to 'hop' on and surf when ever the fancy takes me and over the past week I have shared it with Gracia, trying hard not to mind that I couldn't do what I wanted when I wanted. Especially today when I wanted to update my blog and print out some photos.


Fortunately, at about 6.00 the chap from next door knocked and he had Gracia's laptop which had been left with him today. I am a bit cross that the courier didn't leave any message or note to say where it was!

Never mind - what have I learnt today?

I function better after a good night's sleep (I think I already knew that but I still need to constantly remind myself).

As jobs go I think I would be hard pushed to find one I enjoyed better than the one I have.

Using your 45 minute lunch brake to eat your lunch is sensible.

I really miss Gracia when she is at college.

I hate sharing my pc.

Reasons to be cheerful:


1. Gracia's laptop has returned, hopefully bringing with it household harmony ( no more squabbling over whose turn it is to use the pc).

2. How much pleasure I can get and give by reading silly stories to the children.

3. Nothing can beat a nice cup of tea at the perfect strength and temperature.


Photobucket


0 comments: