OK - fess up - Who has been shortening my days.

22:02 Karen 0 Comments

On Sunday I lost my internet connection right in the middle of updating my blog - all had seemed fine until I tried to upload some photos! I took the cables out and put them back a gazillion times. I turned off my computer and rebooted it another gazillion times but to no avail. After an hour long phone call to Netgear and a 30 minute phone call to Tiscali we ascertained that the router was in full working order and the line was in full working order and so I deduced that it must be something between the line and the router - the filter. Off to PC World I trundled to buy a new filter and viola - the blessed thing worked so after 4 hours of messing about I discovered that it is sometimes the little things that make all the difference!

Learn Something New Every Day - September 20th


Who has been shortening my days? Monday and today have been manic! I am always busy on a Monday as my Rainbow pack meets from 4:30 to 5:45. Yesterday I had it easy though because Sheena organised the meeting and I am so grateful. She made the girls lovely little booklets to stick pictures in and helped them to identify trees in readiness for our ramble next Monday. I then whizzed off to get Gracia from her b/fs house and on our return she started to make a cake for his birthday. I had anticipated that this would take some time but we both underestimated how long it would take. Consequently it was nearly 11:30 by the time we both went to bed!

Also David is off work this week and I don't know why I was surprised when I returned home yesterday to find my lounge wall missing and another
acro jack in the lounge - we now have 3 holding up the ceiling! This always happens - whenever he has some time off work or I leave him to go and visit my parents, something drastic happens to the house! All in the name of progress he assures me.


Today, I made an inroad into the pile of invoices I promised I would do at the weekend but after faffing about with the pc for so long to get it back onto the Internet had lost any enthusiasm I had to do them!


Over the past two days I have learnt:-

Simple things bring the most pleasure - the girls at Rainbows absolutely loved playing with bubbles at the end of the meeting.


Not to put off doing jobs that you don't want to do - those invoices will still be waiting to be done when you next return to your desk.

Baking
elaborate birthday cakes during the evening is not a good idea unless you start at a reasonable time and not at 8.00pm.




There are times when you have to ignore the diminishing size of the lounge and the increasing number of acro jacks in it and look to the future when the cottage will be finished.

Learn Something New Every Day - September 21st



Reasons to be cheerful:

1. Every wall David tears down is one step closer to the final result.

2. Lovely, home made, vegetable soup and crusty bread for tea and enough left over for lunch tomorrow.

3. Only 4 more sleeps until
Wyverstone crop.


Photobucket



0 comments: