Home Sweet Home Again xxx

15:42 Karen 7 Comments

Well, after another trip to Mum's I am now home for a while, I hope. I am just so tired and snappy that I think an early night is a must today. Over the last 29 days I have been to Shropshire 4 times driving about 1,500 miles and endured a 4 hour train journey! Although, yesterday I took my auntie to my uncle's house, on the way home from Mum's, which is 2 miles from Artbase and felt it would have been so rude to be so close and not to call in and make a little purchase. Sooooo, what did I buy, well I bought a piece of Crate paper that I had also bought last time I was there but loved so much, some really funky Stacy Claire Boyd paper, a piece of Bo Bunny paper AND some absolutely, absolutely, gorgeous Making Memories paper along with 5 sheets of Kraft Bazzill (I just love that cardstock to bits). Two sheets of the Making Memories paper and the Kraft card are not in the photo because I have used them already! (see below).


This is what I used the Making Memories paper for - I really wanted to make something last night and decided to make the covers and pages for my Journal Your Christmas album, a little early I know but once I saw the Making Memories papers I knew they were the ones I needed (note I say needed and not wanted because it was a need) to make the covers with. I have yet to decide on a title for this little number and I am looking for a nice little star to go on top of the Christmas tree.



Also, whilst browsing around the net, last week, I saw a beautiful Little Yellow Bicycle paper pad from Oyster Stamps. This obviously was another thing I needed for my Christmas Journal so I felt obliged to order this along with the co-ordinating gems! So along with the 5 sheets of Kraft that I have already cut to size and punched with the Bind-it-All, I am good to go once the prompts start hitting my inbox!


This morning started with me making 3 spider skirts for Gracia and two of her friends to wear at a party tonight - a bargain outfit really because they purchased a child's 'Spider Bride' outfit and 'Spider' wings from Poundland and 2 mtrs of black ribbon each - a fancy dress costume for £3.50 each!


I then slit open the skirts, added another section of fabric from the veils that they didn't want, sewed this onto the ribbon and Voila - skirts large enough for teenage girls!




Lastly, a few details from a lo I made earlier in the week.



Reasons to be cheerful:-

1. Unless there is an emergency, I don't have to travel back to Shropshire until Christmas.

2. Lunch out in town with Gracia was so lovely, she is such good company.

3. Gracia and David are out tonight so after I have paid David's suppliers I can have a long soak in the bath and watch whatever I want on the t.v.

Photobucket

7 comments:

Wow! Lovely skirt!

Love the Christmas journal - so cute!
Rinda (from Shimelle's class)

Linda said...

LOve the bright papers! And those skirts are just gorgeous!!! Hope they have a great tiem at the party!!! (Linda from Shimelles class)

Lauren said...

WOW! So many great things... awesome skirt!

LOVIN the christmas journal... I've been buying paper and thinking about mine for this year, but I haven't gotten too much further yet...

Mary said...

Gorgeous skirts and a fab blog. Pity you having to do all that traveling!

Jo said...

Fabby skirt! And of course, it would be rude not to shop when you are that close!

Kimberlee said...

Wow... cool skirts! Thanks for stopping by. I'm glad to see your handiwork.