Sad News & Glad News

15:20 Karen 2 Comments

A very short post containing both glad and sad news. First, the sad news. My dear Dad passed away suddenly on Thursday 1st October.

My mum phoned to say he had been taken ill at 6:30 and we had lost him by 7:30. We are all so touched by everybody's kindness and are truly grateful that he didn't suffer one little bit. So the last 10 days have been taken up with driving to Mum's house and back - twice, a total of 800 miles and the many things which have to be sorted out and arranged.

Secondly, I came back last Saturday to do the Big Drop on Sunday, before returning mum's on Monday.



I made it and to my surprise wasn't as scared as I thought I would be. I am proud to say that in total I raised more than £200 for the very worthy cause of Marie Curie Cancer Care.


Reasons to be cheerful:


1. We all have very lovely memories of a very dear man and are so grateful that his last day was one of happiness and joy.


2. We are all very lucky with the support we have received, from the friends we have chosen and the ones who have chosen us.


3. Our little family of 3 grows stronger and closer through adversity and I thank God daily for giving me David and Gracia.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Amy Eaton said...

Karen I am so sorry for your loss.
I have enjoyed your pages over at the LSNED forum and your blog is a fun place to visit.
Well done on the fundraising - it looks like an adventurous way to raise money!

Mel said...

Karen, I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad. Looking forward to seeing you next month and hearing about the big drop.

xxx