In A Better Place?

16:48 Karen 6 Comments

Apologies for a long and rambling post without any photos!

Am I in a better place than I was this time last year? That's a question I have been asking myself today and I think that the answer must be yes.

Although, I am soon to loose the majority of my lounge, due to renovations and I have the prospect of having the washing machine moved into what's left of the usable bit of the lounge - I am in a better place because we have a beautiful bathroom now which we didn't have this time last year so I can now take long languishing baths instead of quick showers.

Even though I am the same weight I was last year I am a little more comfortable with it and feel that I have a new incentive to get fitter.

The sadness of loosing Dad is counteracted by the knowledge that he would have rather have left us quickly and painlessly, as he did, than deteriorate to such an extent that he could no longer do the things he loved and that kept him going.

Work is more settled this year and I feel that I know what I need to do to get the best out of all situations there. I feel I am more in control of the things I should have control over.

Over the past year I have mellowed and given Gracia much more Independence which means that she is out far more - a good thing because we appreciate the time we spend together much more and argue much less. Also it means that David and I spend more time together and are rediscovering the pleasure we get from each other's company - he says it is practice for when Gracia goes to Uni.

So taking all things into consideration I am in a much better place.

Reasons to be cheerful:-

1. Accepting what life has in store for you and looking for the best in it.

2. Kiera and I managed to walk much further today.

3. The piece of technology I have been struggling with for the past 2 weeks has fallen into place and it is much easier to use than I had thought.

Photobucket

6 comments:

Kim said...

Congrats on being so optimistic. Sometimes it is difficult, but you are looking at a glass half full.

What a lovely blog post :) made me smile

Linda said...

That's a happy blog post! Made me smile too!!

Amy said...

A very thoughtful post Karen - I like your optimism.

Angela2932 said...

I really like your concluding with 3 things to be cheerful. . . and what was the technology thing you conquered? Sorry that you had the loss of your dad this year.

Sian said...

A lovely cheerful post! I love the idea of "3 things to be cheerful about". Thank you for leaving such lovely comments on my blog. I enjoy coming over here too.