A Little 'Make It On Monday' Project

14:14 Karen 5 Comments

I cannot believe that Blogger just did what it did! I took ages to write this blog entry and it lost it grrrrrrrrrrrrr. So I will start again.

Last week, during my confession that I loved to journal, I mentioned that I was making a mini album for Gracia. I like to make her one each year to celebrate her achievements over the previous 12 months and I have managed to whittle my 2 sides of A4 down enough to fit onto little journalling spots for this Match Book Album.

I made the hybrid elements for this little book using a digi kit from here. I am so in love with digi kits at the moment - for the miserly sum of $4.00, which equates to about £2.50 (there are even some free kits too), you can download a kit and then use it as many times as you like!

I have included instructions for making this little album below or you may want to wonder on over to Avital's blog and look at her instructional video on how to make a hybrid board book - that girl is just so good at these!







Instructions for making the book:-

You will need
A piece of cardstock 3 1/4 ins x 12 ins
Picture paper

Thin card

Buttons

Thread

Glossy Accents or equivalent

Autumn Apples Kits from
Here

Fold the piece of cardstock at 5 ins, 5 1/4 ins and 10 3/4 ins to make the matchbook cover.

Next print out 18 pieces of background paper measuring 3 in x 5 in. 9 are polka dot and 9 are apples.

Make 9 journalling spots using Word and import the pictures of the apples and stamps to decorate them. Also make the front title and journaling spot for the back of the book.


I printed the background paper and the journalling spots onto Picture Paper - this is a similar weight to photocopy paper but has a coating on to prevent the ink sinking in - I got mine from ASDA ages ago.

In Adobe Photoshop Elements or similar program, resize and print out a set of embellishments to decorate the pages of your book. The 'brads' were coated in Glossy Accents to give them a shiny surface and to add dimension.



Cut 4 pieces of lightweight card 10 inches x 3 inches and fold them in half to form the base for your pages. Cover these with the background paper you have printed out, alternating the apple and polka dot papers. I then rounded the corners of mine.



Line up the middle of your 4 sets of pages with the 1/4 inch spine of the cover and hold them in place with bulldog clips. Decided where you want to punch your holes and punch 2 small holes. Thread a piece of narrow ribbon through the holes and tie tightly, I then threaded beads onto the ends of the ribbon. Punch 2 more small holes through the flap and again tie a piece of ribbon through these, knotting tightly, and tie it into a bow.


Now you book is ready to add photos and decorate. I used buttons, printed embellishments and thread to decorate mine but you can use anything you wish but beware not to make it too fat - I did and ended up having to add two red extension pieces to enable the book to close!

Reasons to be cheerful:-

1. I am just about to go for a little walk with Kiera in the brilliant autumn sunshine

2. My 'black mood' has lifted and all is well with the world once more.

3. 1 week down and only one more to go before I can return to work 'fighting fit'.



Photobucket



5 comments:

Rachel said...

Your little journal is so cute. Fab papers.

Linda said...

what an adorable little book! Love it!

Beyond cute!! Thanks for the tutorial, love to give this a go!

Oh that's so cute! Thanks for sharing!

helen miles said...

ooh karen what a pretty little book! i can't believe it's took me this long to find your blog :)