Ok - I confess - My name is Karen and I love to journal!

13:14 Karen 10 Comments

I am a journaller! It's become clear to me today that there are times when I love to journal. I am working on a little project, similar to one I did last year. A little mini book about Gracia and the things she has achieved over the last year of which we are immensely proud of.

I sat in the kitchen, with my leg up on a chair, and started to write about her achievements this year. Before you could say 'Jack Robinson' I had written 2 A4 pages. Now I know our girl is fabulous but how big is this mini book going to be? Not being enough for all that writing, I can tell you. So I got to thinking about how sometimes I can write 2 pages and sometimes I have trouble coming up with a title for a page. I have concluded that it all comes down to how emotional I feel at the time. I pour out my heart onto my pages at times and journal about the good and the bad things.

Over the years I have documented how David came along and offered an alternative to the relationship I was in at the time and boy what a fantastic alternative it turned out to be.


I have made pages about the good and bad times of being the mum of a teenage girl.



about how my life changed once I became a mother


and about how we felt when we finally held Gracia in our arms for the first time.

The title of this page which is below the journalling is - I loved you in a heartbeat.

I love to journal and find it quite cathartic when I am feeling emotional, I like to put it down on paper and having the opportunity to add pretty paper and photos too is just the business in my opinion.

Reasons to be cheerful:-


1. Good friends who know exactly what you need and when you need it - thank you Eileen.

2. Kiera and I managed the short circuit a little quicker today - every day in every way I am getting better!

3. Writing about her achievements make me appreciate my girlie even more.


Photobucket

10 comments:

Good for you with all your journaling! It can be so difficult to get the story down sometimes, so I think it's wonderful that you're so good at it. Thanks for the visit to my blog!

Jocelyn said...

I love to journal too. You have a lovely way with words and your daughter is so lucky to have access to your thoughts now, and into the future. When she is older I am sure she will feel truly blessed that you have expressed your own thoughts and feelings as she was growing up.

As someone who often struggles with the journaling, I'm definitely inspired by you! The journaling you've written is really a wonderful gift to yourself and your family. Cheers!

Amy said...

I know what you mean about scrap page titles ... I think it may also apply to blog posts for me!

Tammy said...

I love your scrapbook pages. They are so expressive and artistic at the same time. I like to journal also and I hope that I can create layouts like you. Sorry to hear about the leg. I've been layed up for 3 1/2 months and I know how bored you can get. That's why I joined this blogger class.

Kim said...

awesome job! you are creating a lasting legacy to your daughter. ;)

Mel said...

Amazing journalling. Brought tears to my eyes.

Glad to see you got round the short circuit in a shorter time today - keep taking it easy though.

Krista Lund said...

love the title of your blog :)

p.s we are classmates in Shimelle's class

Cheers!
Krista

http://kristalundphotography.blogspot.com/

Sian said...

I'm blown away by your journaling! The very best scrapbook pages are the ones with a real story to tell. Keep going!

Lorraine said...

Congratulations on your new DT position Karen:D

See you soon,

Lx