Why Do I Scrapbook?

13:17 Karen 0 Comments

This is the question that was asked here on Wednesday. It made me think and once I started to write down my reasons it all came tumbling out. So Why Do I Scrapbook? .........
Creating something is an inherent part of who I am. I cannot remember a time when I was not making something. My great aunt Grace taught me to knit when I was five and my Nana taught me to sew when I wasn't much older. Making stuff is my release and my salvation - I do not have a want to create but it is an obsessive need. I have no choice but to be making things all the time, it is the only way to keep completely happy with myself and my life. My degree, of course, is a creative one and I can find opportunities to be creative in the most unlikely of places.

So why do I scrapbook? Because it is my favourite medium for expressing myself, for writing down my frustrations and my triumphs, for celebrating my love of life and my family, for recording the sad, funny, ordinary and just plain weird things that happen in our daily lives. Why do I scrapbook - because scrapbooking is part of who I am and who I want to be.

And, yes, I am going to make a mini book. And, yes, I know I haven't finished my JYC one yet (hopefully, that job will be finished tomorrow). And, yes, I know I have so many mini books I don't know where to keep them all BUT when you read Thursday's post here - how can you be anything but inspired and go and grab your supplies and whip up a cover in readiness for today's prompt?

So why do you scrapbook? Go on let me know - I dare you :)

Reasons to be cheerful:-

1. Today is my 'afternoon off' day and I shall get the food shop done, tidy the house and put on some washing - not very exciting you may say but if it is done today then the whole weekend is mine to do as I please!

2. It is good to appreciate why I do things and accept that I have a need and not a want.

3. I am going to our local crop tomorrow and am looking forward to lots of cups of tea, lots of chatting and hopefully (but I wouldn't hold your breath on this one) lots of scrapping.

Hope you all have a fabulous weekend.

Photobucket

0 comments: