The Big Reveal

00:34 Karen 1 Comments

Well, it's time to reveal exactly what I have been so excited about all week. My good friend Karen Cole and I are starting up a craft group in Colchester. Although, I go to a crop in Colchester, in fact I was there today but more of that later, we have decided to join forces and start one of our own. We are hoping that it will attract all sorts of crafters, including scrapbookers and cardmakers of course! The first one will be on March 6th, at Mark's Tey Village Hall, from 10.am until 6.pm and will run monthly thereafter.

I am excited and nervous at the same time. So if you are interested in coming I will post about how you can book a place later in the week.


Back to what I have been doing today - I went to the crop run by the Lovely Mel, Elaine and Sue were there too (Hi Girls xxx) and I got to cuddle the gorgeous Emily. But I am going off subject once again (the price you have to pay for my butterfly mind).

I made two pages - the first was a hybrid using a kit by Dawn Inksip and I printed out the components onto white card and coloured them in with watercolour pencils.









The second one was a bit of an experiment as when I went shopping in Sainsburys yesterday I came across some lovely coloured cupcake cases. Now I love all things cupcake and as I am due for a mega cupcake bake soon decided to buy them but as soon as I had put them in my basket I knew they were destined to find their way onto a page! I made the flowers on this page with some green and yellow ones.






The colour in the photos is pants - the background is in fact chocolate brown and the green is a really vibrant green. I will try to get better photos tomorrow. If I have time tomorrow I will do a little tutorial about how to make the flowers.



Reasons to be cheerful:

1. Our crop is coming to fruition after months of planning.

2. A lovely day spent with lovely company.


3. An fabulous evening with David, Gracia and her boyfriend.

Written on the 13th and posted on the 14th!




Photobucket

1 comments:

Bubbles said...

Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous layouts... just , well... gorgeous!