Fully Loaded!

15:44 Karen 4 Comments

Fully loaded on many levels is what I am at the moment. Very busy at home and with the various other commitments I have on a weekly basis but chose to do as I enjoy them.

Fully loaded with new stash as my runner's up prize for Scrapbooker of the Year arrived on Thursday and it has so many gorgeous items in it. Loads of American Crafts papers, Thickers, adhesives, blocks of Dovecraft papers, which are surprisingly lush, and many, many other things. I also had a note saying that a daylight lamp will be arriving under separate cover - no excuse for dodgy colour combination anymore!



A mini-book which is fully loaded.

I started a mini-book several weeks ago to illustrate why I scrapbook. Shimelle posted the prompt here. I made a blog entry as to why and then decided to make a mini book. I used a Cosmo Cricket chipboard book and some Cosmo papers which my sister had given me for Christmas - a huge hoard of Cosmo stash which is absolutely gorgeous and two 8 x 8 albums. That was as far as I got because I was stumped by what photos to use or whether I should take new ones. The problem being the light which has been pants this past couple of weeks. I then had an Eureka moment and decided to use photos of my pages to illustrate the book - no faffing about taking new photos just choosing some of my favorite los to print.






I decided to only use felt, buttons, bling and a little bit of card to pretty up the pages and in the process have used up almost my entire stash of felt flowers and butterflies. I have absolutely loaded the edges of the pages and it is now a very chunky book but I am pleased with the result.

I can see I will have to get my trusty Zig pen out for those naughty little Cosmo alphas on the back cover - can you see them trying to escape?

Reasons to be cheerful:

1. Tesco shop done!

2. A couple of hours to myself this afternoon.

3. Seeing one of my best friends this afternoon, although I don't see her as often as I would like we always pick up where we have left off and it is as though we had seen each other yesterday.


Photobucket

4 comments:

RachelB said...

This is so pretty, I love the layered effect!

Deb said...

I love the chunkiness of this book, Karen! I always love felt used in any way! Very nice.

Mel said...

Love the mini album and fab stash haul!!

Amy said...

Great stash Karen!
What a gorgeous mini album, you have a great way of embellishing a project like this - it looks fantastic!