Spaghetti and Meatballs, Jessie & Woody and Speed Scrapping with Shimelle!

08:39 Karen 6 Comments



Edited with the addition of a photo from the NSD Eclectic Keepsakes Crop.

A random post title for a random week!


On Wednesday, it was Gracia's bestest best friend's birthday - there is only 5 days between them, they are both only children and both have scrapping obsessed mothers, what more do friends need to bind them together? It is very fortunate that Gracia's best friend is also the daughter of my best friend, but I have to admit that their friendship started a little while before ours.



Well, spurred on by the success of the sunflower cupcakes, we browsed the cupcake book and decided to make Hannah a spaghetti and meatball birthday cake. What a laugh it was and just sooooo easy, I promise you anyone could make it. I made the cakes on Tuesday evening and Gracia got up at 6:15 ( she didn't know that such a time existed) to ice and decorate the cakes. We piled them onto a plate and she squiggled the icing onto them. The meat balls are Ferrero Rocher Chocolates dipped in jam and then more jam spooned over the top. The Parmesan cheese is grated white chocolate - et voila a Spaghetti and Meatballs cake.


Hannah had a party to celebrate her birthday on Friday and as it was fancy dress Gracia and Josh had to go as some sort of 'couple'. They decided on Woody and Jessie from Toy Story 2. Although, I have to say I have never seen Jessie is a little short cowskin skirt - in all the pictures I Googled to get an idea on how to make the costumes she was wearing trousers but my girl does not do trousers so a short cow skin skirt it was! Despite this they did look really good.


Yesterday, was our long awaited Shimelle Class crop. I am a great fan of Shimelle's scrapping style, although I do struggle with white space. During the day I thought my blog bud Amy would love this class as it is so graphic and so her digi style. But I digress, the big day arrived and we scrapped from 11.00 to 5.00 with an hour for lunch and during that time we made 16, yes 16, 8.5 x 11 pages for an album. I cannot believe how much stash we each got in the kits - 4 packs of Thickers/letter stickers, 10 or more pieces of ribbon, 20+ pieces of card stock and sheets and sheets of Dear Lizzy paper - my absolute favorite line at the moment. I still have to finish some of my pages as I am not, by nature, a speed scrapper. It was so lovely to spend the day with the lovely Shimelle, with old friends, with new friends and with people I had never met before. We had 16 places for the day and all were sold so what a super way to spend National Scrapbooking Day. Thank you to all you lovely ladies for making the day such a fabulous one.
Photos to follow when I have finished my album - I may have to add some more bits and bobs to each page to make it more my style!

Sorry Katherine - you missed the photo shoot :(

Reasons to be cheerful:-


1. Yesterday was a tip top day and one that will be remembered with a bubble of happieness for a long time to come.

2. Gracia has Hannah for a best friend and I have Eileen - no more needs to be said xxx

3. Because Josh is staying over tonight, in Gracia's room BUT she is sleeping in with me, Gracia has willingly cleaned and tidied her room without me or David nagging!

Photobucket

6 comments:

Amy said...

Karen I'd love to see the album and the pages and the crop sound fantastic :-)
Gracia is lucky to have such a great friend and the cake really looks sensational - so does the couple in their dress-ups!

Denise said...

Had a great day yesterday - got one more page to do -and your cake looks amazing, lovely photos too x

Sian said...

You have such a talent..that cake is amazing! Lovely, happy post.

Elaine said...

oh wow those cakes are amazing!
Glad you had a good nsd - can you bring your album next week for us to nosey? xxx

Elaine said...

oh wow those cakes are amazing!
Glad you had a good nsd - can you bring your album next week for us to nosey? xxx

Heather said...

what a great post! love those meatballs though probably too sweet even for me lol xx