"Long Time - No See!"

21:11 Karen 6 Comments



Well lots has been going in in our little house - we have all been extremely busy working on various projects.

David has been working on the house, as usual, and we now have a concrete floor instead of an earth one.


Last weekend Gracia and I did some card making and some cupcake baking. Josh is part of a group of youths who are going to India at Christmas to work on a charity project. It was such a lovely way to spend a Saturday - listening to music and crafting together. She is not a great fan of making stuff and to have her in my world for a short while was brilliant!

The group had a stall at a local May Fayre and so Gracia, Josh and I made cards and baked cakes and biscuits for them to sell.

Between us we made 35 cards and they were all sold on the day making a a good amount of money towards the project.



The kids made some biscuits, Gracia made some decorated cupcakes



and I made some owls and some very orange sunflowers - lesson learnt was to measure the food colouring into the icing and not just splosh some in.



Karen C and I had our crop this Saturday and the class this month was with the very lovely Elaine who taught us how to crochet. She makes the most adorable crocheted flowers and the idea was that eventually we would be able to make some to adorn our projects with.


Most of us had a go at crocheting to a greater or lesser degree of success. As my nana had taught me to crochet when I was little I was amazed at how quickly I remembered and was able to make a flower by copying one of Elaine's.


Yesterday was also the night of the Midnight Walk. This is a ladies only, 12K walk in aid of our local hospice. It was the first time I had participated and 11 of us from work entered. As the title suggests it starts at midnight and the route is around our local town.

Most ladies purchased flashing bunny ears and it was an amazing sight to see flashing ears as far as you could see ahead and as far as you could see behind. There were thousands of ladies participating and I was so impressed with the organization and support that was provided.


Well it's time to get ready of work tomorrow and I will try not to leave it so long before I blog again.

Reasons to be cheerful:

1. The crop yesterday was just awesome - spending the day sitting with old friends and meeting new ladies who were absolutely delightful was just a fantastic way to while away a Saturday.

2. The Midnight Walk experience was phi-nominal and one which I will repeat next year without a moment's hesitation.

3. Although I spent a lot of time today sleeping to catch up from not getting to bed until 3:3o this morning going for a walk with David, before tea, was a very pleasent way to end the day.
Photobucket

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow great post. Love the bits you made for the youth event they were fab. Those flowers were lovely and very well done on the walk what a great achievement and i love the ears xxx Elaine

Heather said...

Good to see you blogging again & boy haven't you been busy!! Well done for doing the walk - theres a similar one here soon so I might have to have a go myself xx

Sian said...

That walk sounds like an amazing thing to do. Very inspiring.

I know what you mean about having your daughter in your world for a little..my daughter is more mechanical than crafty. She likes to fix things instead of make them.

Deb said...

What a great post, Karen. Glad to hear you roped Gracia into your creative circle for a little while! ;o) The cards and goodies look great!

And good for you for taking part in the midnight walk. It sounds like a fun time!

Eileen said...

WTG
Extract money from me on Thursday :D

Amy said...

I love the midnight walk idea Karen - fantastic!
Crafting and cakes - could there be more? :-)