Loving The Little Crop

18:49 Karen 4 Comments

I am a strange and curious soul - because I was so looking forward to the little crop, and just knew that it would be fun, that I actually thought up the title of my blog post on my way to the crop at 10.00 this morning before I had even spent time with the girls or made any pages!

The crop did not disappoint as the company was fantastic, even though the lovely Sue was missing, the chat was varied, there were two babies for me to kiss and cuddle and I managed 1 lo, well two really but the second was one that I had cut everything out for and only needed to assemble. It still needs some journaling.

The first lo was for this week's prompt from
The Color Room. I am not entirely sure that I like it as they are not colours that I would choose to use myself but it is good to be dragged outside your box sometimes.



I used my favorite journaling method - Core D'ination card stock put through a Dymo and then sanded.


I also had a go at making some tissue paper roses - a bit more practice needed I think but they are getting there. Thank you to Elaine for her suggestion that I should use a Prima E-line gem in the centre of the card roses.


I have seen lots of los with curled corners recently so thought I would have a go and then decided to pop a little bit of blue lace under the curl.


A little heart and pin to finish off the ribbon running across the middle.


Also I have to show you two pages of my wedding scrapbook. I see this as a long term, filler, project that I will work on as and when I feel like it, with no rush to get it finished. Well it might be nice to finish it by February as we will have been married 25 years then.




I am not sure about the second one as it is a bit too sparse for my liking but I am not sure what I could add and still keep it fairly masculine.



The very generous Karen Cole let me use some of her beautiful Martha Stewart punches to make the embellishments for these pages. I spent 2 days with a pile of Pagemaps, cutting paper and punching out embellies then putting them into poly bags ready for my album.

Reasons to be cheerful:

1. A lovely day spent with lovely people.

2. Gracia only has 1 more exam left - AS maths on the 23rd.

3. I have 17, wedding pagepacks made up with everything I need including pagemaps ready to grab and go whenever I want to.


Photobucket

4 comments:

Deb said...

Oh, Karen, I just love the detail on your page! I noticed the handmade flowers and curled down corner with lace right away.

I also love that you are working on a wedding book. I really need to re-do mine...someday... xo

Mel said...

Those roses are just fab. Even better IRL.

Haupi said...

I like your roses, especially if this your first time doing them. And how sweet to be still working on your wedding book - I hope you do get it finished by your anniversary next year - 25th? Wow! Congratulations.

Haupi
http://hauplight.blogspot.com/

Denise said...

Those roses are gorgeous. Your layouts have so many beautiful details in them - and your wedding dress is absolutely stunning.