Cropping, Chatting, Classes and Cupcakes

21:11 Karen 5 Comments

The crop yesterday was absolutely awesome. Quite the best time I have ever had crafting, from the time the lovely Lily C arrived at my house at 9ish through to her going home at 7ish I had such a blast. To spend time with such lovely people is a delight. I loved the company, I loved that my best scrapping buddy was sitting right next to me, we laughed at each other, at ourselves and at many random things. I loved the class that the lovely Ann Freeman designed and taught, having friends around me, being able to give a little learning back to Ann and some other ladies, chatting, eating cupcakes and just generally having the best time imaginable. My LSNED page reflects enjoyment of the day.


The pages taught by Ann used Sassafras Lass paper and I loved them both - the first involved laying your photos onto the grid paper and stitching a criss cross around them.


Lovely results I think and it was really interesting to see all the variations. The second one I freestyled a little as Ann has used a 6.x 4 landscape photo and (surprise, surprise) I wanted to use this photo of my surfer girl (well predicted Deb) .


Again another lovely class by Ann. Also I have finished my Alice mini book, last month's crop class by the very talented Karen C, and as there are so many pages will show you half today and half tomorrow. Some you may have seen before but for continuity I will show them again.











For today's creative delight I have this to offer you


Wouldn't they look gorgeous made with lace or with crepe paper or sheer ribbon the variations are endless. Just think of all the different centers you could add. Instructions can be found here.

Finally, a note to all the lovely people who read my blog and make such kind comments and whose blogs I usually read - Google Reader tells me that I have 87 posts to read! I promise I will read all your blogs and comment on your lovely posts but I really have to go to bed now so will make sure I do it tomorrow evening.

Reasons to be cheerful:

1. I am still basking in the warm glow from spending yesterday with such lovely ladies.

2. 45 minutes power walking with Kiera makes a really delightful afternoon activity.


3. Going to church this evening, the first time in quite a while, was a peaceful way to end the weekend.
Photobucket


5 comments:

Liberty :) said...

lovely lovely pages karen! im going to scraplift both of them one day! love your mini album! Gracia is so lucky to have a mum like you making pages about her!

Amy said...

Wow! You have been very busy Karen. The crop sounds like a wonderful time, the page you made with the stitching is really eye catching and the mini is utterly adorable :-)

Candace said...

Lovely pages, especially like the first one

Sian said...

Your Alice album is absolutely stunning. I love it.

Deb said...

Hi Karen ~ Just catching up over here...trying to stay off the computer in order to rest my shoulder from "mousing around."

As always, I love your layouts. So glad you had some good quality cropping time with good friends. That Alice book is such an inspiration ~ and the photos you have are awesome in it!!!

LOVE the ribbon flower you have at the end of your post! That's a must try for me...
xo