It's the simple things.

21:10 Karen 2 Comments


I was reflecting this evening on the simple things that make me happy and decided that I am easy to please. I don't envy people who have flash cars or lots of clothes. If I had lots of money I would probably go for a newer version of my Peugeot 206 which I absolutely love, more than any of the sports cars I had when I was younger. If I had lots of money I wouldn't buy fancy clothes, I might upgrade from ASDA and Tesco to BHS and M&S but no more than that. If I had lots of money I wouldn't change our little cottage for a bigger house, it is our dream home.

I have everything I need and so small things make a difference.
I love unexpected kisses from my man. The little gifts that my girlie sometimes brings me for no reason. Time spent with friends. Our little family. A long hot bath. Time to myself. I love my job (most of the time). So I feel I am extremely lucky. One of the small things that makes me extremely happy is when the ASDA delivery man delivers my groceries and my fridge and freezer are full once more. I really don't know why but I get extreme pleasure from full cupboards and fridge :o}

My page from yesterday was about rediscovering my faith. Not my photo but one I snaffled from the internet.


On the theme of simple things I bring you these little butterflies - very simple but very effective.


Reasons to be cheerful:


1. Accepting what you have and not crying for the moon.

2. I loved being back with my Rainbow pack - what a lovely bunch of girls we have.

3. The prospect of a long hot bath and an early night.
Photobucket

2 comments:

Deb said...

Oh I am LOVING your daily butterfly photos, Karen! These look so simple and CUTE - would be great on cards or scrapbook pages.

Glad to hear you are grateful for the little things. I am too! ♥

Denise said...

I love that feeling too when the fridge and cupboards are newly stocked- and I love that Mamas and Papas song too. I've given you a little award for a friendly blog,not too many rules and lists- you can pick it up over at mine x