My Little Surfer Chick is Back xxxx

17:38 Karen 3 Comments



Yes, she is back and she really is a little surfer chick. I have never seen her so bronzed and healthy looking she looks brilliant - I hope to have a photo tomorrow but this is just a quick post between waiting for a load of washing to finish and rushing off to pick up my girl.

Today was the first day of Shimelle's Learn Something New Every Day - a month long class for the whole of September - obvious really if it is a month long and starts today! I have made my front page and made a digi page for today. The covers are made using Echo Park hybrid elements and I can see that cutting out whilst watching tv in a not very well lit room results in white lines around the elements :(

The joy if doing it digi is that if I change my mind and something exciting happens later today I can change it in the blink of an eye. I will post my page tomorrow but, get this, it only took me about 10 minutes to make. Oh I do love digi for something like this. The test will be how they print out so I am going to get some printed on Saturday to see.

Now I really wanted to have something new to learn for everybody who reads my blog and had the idea of either showing how to make something or finding a blog page to link to. I will really try to keep up with this but have failed in a way today because I had really intended to do a little show and tell on the cupcake case flowers I made for a page earlier in the year. But time has run away with me today so

I am posting a link to these beautiful flowers that MaryAnn has made.



They are gorgeous and she has a video on how to make them.

Happy crafting.

Reasons to be cheerful:

1. I have made the absolute most of my last day off from school.

2. My girl is home, fit and healthy and loving the surf.

3. I am off to see Avatar 3D with my very good friend Eileen.

Photobucket


3 comments:

Irene said...

I absolutely LOVE your cover and pages! The echo park looks really good.

Amy said...

These pages are just brilliant Karen!
Saw you in the prompt today :-)

Bubbles said...

Loving the citrus vibe... really gorgeous!