I Told You So! (a very photo heavy post - 19)

09:12 Karen 8 Comments



Well, don't say I didn't warn you. I went to Mel's crop yesterday and spent the 5 and a half hours - yes you read that right five and a half hours, making this paper page of the digi one I made on Wednesday.


If it takes me that long to make one page you can deduce that I am either a very slow scrapper or a very enthusiastic chatter and cuddler of the babies that go to the crop. I am afraid that it is a bit of both.


I am sure that I used to be able to scrap much quicker than I do now but perhaps because I enjoy cutting out little bits and pieces now and not using bought elements as much it takes longer.


At one point yesterday I wondered if perhaps I should just spend my spare time cutting out bits and pieces and not actually making any pages as I so enjoyed the process of all the cutting out that went into making this page.


So what went into this page?
  • a piece of cream card stock
  • some scraps of Keisercraft Hey Birdie paper, left over from another project
  • green paper mania glitter letter stickers
  • green embroidery floss.
  • lots of love - :o)
Also have a look here - I was asked to be A Trip Down Memory Lane's guest designer for October and the papers Mel and Jill sent me were awesomely beautiful, from the very sparkly Lost and Found range - I defy you to resist them! I made 5 projects but go and have a look what the other designers have made - ATDML certainly have an amazing bunch of ladies working for them!

Three los



If you are reading my blog Denise - thank you for the loan of your butterfly punch
(even though you didn't know you were loaning it to me) xxx



A card
A mini album







I just love my little cupcakes with E-line pearls for cherries!

As it was my best bud's birthday this week I made her a little card.


Reasons to be cheerful:

1. The new job is loved so much by my beautiful girlie.

2. Although I have millions (well a slight exaggeration on my part) of invoices to type today I got up at 6 and made a good start, in between surfing the net and ordering scrapbook supplies.

3. The sun is up, the sky is blue and all is well in my little world. I really hope it is in your world too.




Photobucket


8 comments:

Deb said...

Wow, Karen, look at all the fabulous stuff you have created! I'm always in awe of your beautiful layouts. And I just LOVE that cupcake mini-book you made! Great idea and fun way to document your baking. :o) I'm going back again to look at all your amazing details...

Sian said...

I think it's a gorgeous layout - easily worth all the time you spent on it. I'm a slow scrapper too. it's all the cutting out a love. I'm also admiring your genius touch of the red accents to that Lost and Found Paper - I haven't seen anyone else use it this way - and I really, really like it :)

Sue said...

Really REALLY gorgeous pages and cards!!

debs14 said...

Fantastic layouts! What a great way to spend 5 hours.
Love the cupcake book and you know that us crop ladies are always happy to try out any new recipes you wish to try ;-)

Liberty :) said...

The faster the better for me with scrapping but I find I prefer the pages that I take time over. This is JUST LOVELY. You are one of my favourite scrappers and I'm proud to be on Shimelle's team with such good company! x

alexa said...

Great post, and I am in awe of the number of things you make, and your patience in all that fiddly cutting out! ! Love your paper LO following the digital one - and the dancer one is very pretty - is that your DD?

Denise said...

Stunning,pages,stunning cupcake mini book and beautiful cards- I LOVE cutting and snipping and your layouts are very inspiring.So glad my butterfly punch played a part ! :-) I love the red accents on the Marks Hall layout.x

Amy said...

Karen your pages are just simply amazing - I am astounded at the level of detail and what you did with those little birdies and all the cut outs is sensational!