Life Is Good

16:32 Karen 2 Comments


Life is good - but the title refers to my Learn Something New Every Day. A month long project which documents daily life for the whole of September.

Last year I used traditional scrapbook supplies to make a little 6 x 4 book



and my photos were only small, the journaling was written onto index cards and cut into strips for speed. I used little puffy stickers from Paperchase on every page,
made double los and loved the finished book.


This year I decided to make my book digitally, other than the covers, and have used Echo Park digital papers throughout the project.

I used a calendar template from here and the digital papers are here and here.

I also purchased a digital elements pack from the same site here. I printed out some of the elements for the covers of my book and digitally made the pages.


I had an offer from ASDA photographs of 40 free 6 x 4 photos and used this to get the pages printed. I would recommend them as they do a mat finish, which I prefer.

The pages all had their corners rounded and were then stuck back to back onto a piece of cardstock which I had punched Bind It All holes into. I used a large white wire to hold the project together, this was after trying a smaller silver one and really disliking the look of the final mini album.

I am so pleased that I went down the digi road for this little project. Once I had sorted out how to do it, in theory, the pages only took 10 minutes - but in reality some took a lot longer because it is just so easy to drop in different papers and keep changing your mind!

Another life is good project is this one.


I made it on Wednesday using Shimelle's Springtime Basics paper and the Echo Park Life is Good digital elements. I just know that I will be making a paper version, tomorrow, using some Keiser Craft and My Little Shoebox papers that I have been hording away!

I also finished this page on Saturday but forgot to upload - sorry about the photo but it is getting late and the light is fading fast!


It has hand sewn snowflakes as well as some printed and cut from this kit.


I made a page a couple of years ago for Scrapagogo with hand sewn snowflakes and wanted the same effect but didn't want to sew as many. So on the Winter Walk page I only sewed three of varying sizes.


So now I have to go and get some housework done so I can at least pretend that I spent my afternoon off doing more than surfing the web and taking photos.

Reasons to be cheerful:

1. It's Mel's crop tomorrow.

2. Gracia has got a Saturday job in a swanky wedding shop.

3. The weekend is upon us.



Photobucket


2 comments:

Deb said...

Oh my gosh, Karen, those stitched snowflakes are fabulous! This is a great post, filled with all sorts of goodies. LOVE the way your LSNED book turned out! xo

Sian said...

I love that handstitched snowflake - and is that a beautiful fur hat in the photo? It makes you look like a gorgeous Russian Princess!