Popping up for a quick Hellooooooooooooooooo

07:19 Karen 9 Comments

I feel like a huge part of me is missing - my laptop has gone in for repair and I moaned out loud when the guy in the shop said it would be up to 7 working days! He didn't seem too surprised at my reaction so I can only conclude that it was one he was used to.

How can I cope without reading the blogs I regularly read - I dread to think how many Google Reader has stored up for me. I do everything by e-mail and need a computer to do David's work most days. I feel cut off from the world but in a way it is good as perhaps I spend too much time in cyberspace and not enough time in the real world, well in Karen's world really, which for me is much more fun than the real world.


Gracia has very kindly allowed me to 'jump on' and use her laptop whenever it is free, which is not very often with the amount of work she needs to do for her A levels. So While she is still snuggled up in bed I can do a very quick blog update. I am using Internet Explorer when I usually use Firefox for my blog update. I love Firefox as it allows you to manipulate your blog posts so much more easily than Internet Explorer so this post may or may not have photos!

Note: After taking 30 minutes, I have finally added photos. Oh how I love Firefox - I just cut and past the photos, in Internet Explorer I have to 'leap frog' the photos from the top of the page to where I want them. Come back laptop - all is forgiven! I have realised that Gracia doesn't have Photoshop on her laptop either so I can't adjust the photos to the quality and colour I would like.

I have made two pages recently (one for a guest design team spot, so can't show you just yet) and this one that I made at the little crop. I have said it before and I will say it again, I really love the little crop it is just like a coffee morning with very good friends, with the added bonus of a little scrapping thrown in.





At the crop I also started making my Journal Your Christmas album. I found the most amazing bargin in The Range. An 8 x 8 pack of Christmas paper (called Mistletoe Kisses) and about 8 packs of co-ordinating stickers, I am not sure exactly how many as I have opened the packs and used them. They also sell more stickers in this range and I brought two extra packs. I have used an old pizza box for the covers.




My album is 8 x 5.5 which is the same proportions as a landscape 11 x 8.5 page. I used some die cuts, that the lovely Karen gave to Gracia who then gave them to me, for the front cover and have made up 20 pages, in the hope that if I only have to add a photo and some journaling I will be able to keep up. I hope to make the rest of the pages this week. I am going to use these and these journaling spots from Elle's studio which I have altered the colour of to match in with the papers and printed out in several sizes. I have made little journaling spots to put the date on for each page.




I have also started to make my Christmas cards so, partly because I haven't had a laptop to play on and partly because I am a bit more organised than last year, they should be finished before the end of the month. I am not sure whether to make them with the sequins or without. I like both versions. They will all have the doodled holly with Stickled berries.


Hope you all have an absolutely wonderful week.


Reasons to be cheerful:


1. A generous daughter who lets me use her laptop, occasionally.

2. I am quite excited about going to church this morning as the building has been reordered, to make more room for our ever increasing congregation. For the past few months we have had our services in the church hall. I will try to sneak some photos to show you if I can do it without it being too noticable.

3. I am going to start making some Christmas presents today, which if they work out properly, will be sooooooo cute.


My blog post claims to have been posted at 7:19, it is in fact 9:07 so thank you Internet Explorer for helping me to take almost 2 hours to write one blog post!

Photobucket

9 comments:

Sue said...

Hi Darling :)
Your album looks wonderful! I am almost tempted :) Just started to make my cards yesterday too.
I know what you mean about being without a pc..mine needs a rebuild and makes strange noises so i daren't be on long at the mo.
Take care xxx

Deb said...

Well, unfortunate news about your computer, but joyful time away from cyberspace using your amazing hands to create lovely things. I love your cards, and your Christmas journal, Karen.

Thanks to Gracia for sharing. :o)

Sian said...

It's good to see you :) It's so hard to believe that when we were Gracia's age we didn't have laptops! Your time has been very well spent though with your Christmas journal and cards all ready to go.

debs14 said...

My goodness you have been busy!
Isn't it scary how we come to depend on our laptops and then something happens and you have withdrawal symptoms!
Big thanks to Gracia for coming to the rescue and letting you use hers so we can get up to speed on what you have been up to!

Sandie said...

You have been busy! I've joined JYC so look forward to seeing your pages develop.

Hope you get your laptop back soon.
I know what you mean about being lost without a computer. My landline (therefore broadband) was out for nearly two weeks. I was furious at the time it took to repair 2 wires on a telegraph pole!

Amy said...

We are all so accustomed to havuing the internet literally at our fingertips whenever we want - I share the pain!
I love the look of your album so far and the cards are fabulous - good luck with the wait for the repaired laptop!

Anonymous said...

Just want to say what a great blog you got here!I’ve been around for quite a lot of time, but finally decided to show my appreciation of your work! Thumbs up, and keep it going!

Anonymous said...

А! Je viens d'ajouter votre flux à mes favoris. J'aime beaucoup lire vos messages.

Anonymous said...

Ah!!! at last I found what I was looking for. Somtimes it takes so much effort to find even tiny useful piece of information..