Helloooooooooooooooooo, I'm Back!

16:06 Karen 5 Comments

Yes, I am back in cyber space! Still not on my own laptop but the lovely guys at Nexus have loaned me a brand new laptop to use until my naughty little wanderer returns! Normal service has been resumed but I dare not look at Google Reader to see how many blog posts I have to read but I will look later and make a start.

Today, the snow came down with vengeance and school and college were closed.


Not a bad thing really as I have so much work for David to catch up on - the VAT should have been in on Wednesday and has yet to be done :( Gracia wanted to go over to Josh's and stay the night and David said he really didn't want me to drive - so that was the start of our epic trip out this morning.


First we walked to Eileen's so that Gracia could spend some time with Hannah and I could have a natter with Eileen and then we walked another couple of miles to meet up with Josh. I then had the 4+ mile walk back. So we left at 9:15 and I eventually got back home at 1:10.



I have to say it was a beautiful walk and I love how ginger Gracia's hair looks when I use the snow setting on my camera. When she was a baby she had beautiful auburn hair, she got it from David's side of the family. Now it is brown or blondish brown in the summer. Did I get on with David's work when I got home - of course I didn't, not when I had snow photos to scrap for the second page of my JYC album.



I am so pleased with how it is coming together so far. Well, I had better make a cup of tea and get on with the VAT and I promise I won't leave it so long next time.

Reasons to be cheerful:


1. Not having to share a laptop.


2. Unexpected days off school.

3. Long snowy walks with my girlie.

I hope you are all safe and warm in these adverse weather conditions.
Photobucket

5 comments:

Sandie said...

Your pages are looking lovely. I am doing this course for the first time and really looking forward to it.
Well done on your 4+ mile walk. I imagine that was quite tiring.

Melissa said...

Your pages are lovely and that photo of Gracia is wonderful. It certainly looks cold with all that snow, and wow, lots of walking. Enjoying the sunshine and 60 degree (F) weather in Texas today! :>)

debs14 said...

lovely photos! looks like you have had a fair bit more snow than us. We've not had a 'snow day' yet :-(
Good luck with that VAT - you know, that job you ought to be doing instead of all that clever craft work ;-)

Deb said...

Welcome back, Karen. :o) LOVE the picture of Gracia in the snow, and that you have already combined it with your JYC album. Well done!

Sian said...

It is good to see you back :) Gracia really does suit a hat, doesn't she?