Christmas Revisited

08:49 Karen 3 Comments



I haven't had the time to scrap this Christmas' photos, as few as they are, and therefore hadn't had the opportunity to use the gorgeous Jillybean Soup - Chestnut Soup kit that I had bought as a 'Get Well Soon' present to myself. I was so chuffed with myself when I purchased this as the transaction was carried out on David's iPhone - a new experience for both of us!

The first page I made at the little crop last Saturday and the photo was taken just before we opened our presents. This year, for the first time in quite a while, we had a Christmas tree in the new lounge. To be honest that was all that was in the new lounge as we have to wait until the weather warms up before the wooden floor can be laid. So we dragged cushions from the sofa into the room and sat there to open our presents. I cut the title on my Craft Robo and it was from here.

Peace Joy Love

The second page was one I made yesterday. Scrapping at home and not at a crop is a rare thing at the moment and something I am going to work on. This page celebrates all the cupcake related gifts I had for Christmas. I loved each and every one of them because they are a testiment to how my friends and family know me and take time and effort to choose exactly the right present. Look I stamped directly onto the page and stamped cupcakes, I even went out yesterday to buy just the perfect stamp for this page and from the Range got 3 sets of cupcake stamps for £4.00! I am going to overcome my fear of stamping this year.

Cupcake Christmas

My other absolutely fabulous and much used present this year was a Martha Stewart punch - not something I could justify buying but Eileen knew how much I loved this punch and bought it for me - such a thoughtful and kind friend xxx.


So that's my crafting so far this week BUT I fully intend to get some more done today once I have printed out a year's worth of invoices for David, sorted out the Gift Aid for the Rainbows and registered my new Rainbows onto the Guiding database, changed our bed and cleaned the bedroom and cleaned the bathroom - so it should start about 7pm today but starting then is better than not starting at all!

Also I have started on a little secret project for a friend of mine so I will be a very busy girl today.


Reasons to be cheerful:-


1. A fixed boiler.

2. Teaching Sunday School to the pre schoolers for the first time in over a year.

3. The prospect of more crafting this afternoon.


Photobucket

3 comments:

Sandie said...

Lovely pages, Karen and so good you are facing your fear of stamping! There are some lovely cup cake stamps around and what a bargain yours were.

I tend to shy away from stamping too, but I always love it when I put on my brave face and get to it. Your pages are great, Karen, and I'm jealous of your Martha Stewart punch! I have a few of her punches, but no borders yet. Maybe for my birthday...

Denise said...

Isn't it just so annoying when all those little 'home chores' and other things get in the way of our scrapping time !Love the layouts,look forward to seeing your stamping projects too x