New52 Week 2

07:26 Karen 8 Comments

I know, I know, it's a bit late but .............. no buts really I don't have an excuse. Here is my New 52 photo for week 2. I have changed the title of the one from January 3rd to Week 1 - oh the joys of digi scrapping, no glue, no hasstle just the press of a button and the changes are made.

I brought the gorgeous red shoes with some of my Christmas money. I had been coveting them for quite a while and once they were in the sale - well what could I do but to buy them!

I love the and call them my 'Dorothy' shoes. So when I wore them to work the other day, complete with stripy socks, I thought that about sums me up - quirky and slightly odd.

I have almost finished my January project for THIS challenge. So may well be back this evening or tomorrow with a photo. I also have the components to make next month's make so am on a roll with this one.

Reasons to be cheerful:


1. Changes instigated at work have made for a peaceful and more productive working day.

2. My gorgeous girlie has only 2 more exams left to do this month.

3. Roast vegetable soup from the school cook for lunch - a soup that is so tasty it is beyond description.

Photobucket

8 comments:

Sian said...

They really do look like ruby slippers - especially with the inspired touch of the stripey socks.

peppermint said...

Those are some awesome shoes. I've had my eye on a pair of red patent leather mary janes for a while, too. You go with your Wizard of Oz self!

Candace said...

Oh please tell me where you got those shoes from. I so NEED them!

Anonymous said...

Greetings,

I have a question for the webmaster/admin here at talesfromthescrapheap.blogspot.com.

May I use some of the information from this post above if I provide a backlink back to your site?

Thanks,
Oliver

Oh how I love that shiny red shoes and striped socks sums you up, Karen. You're a really cool gal and I'm glad we're blog friends. xo

Sue said...

Oooohhh ... very CUTE shoes! I bet they make you (and others) smile when you wear them, right? I know if I owned a pair, I'd be grinning from ear-2-ear all day!

Christi said...

I have a coworker who wears ruby red slippers to work sometimes and it brightens my day. Love it!

sascedar said...

yes. love red shoes. gorgeous!