Fully Loaded

20:35 Karen 4 Comments


Firstly, the most important piece of information - Kiera is slowly getting better. She has not made any fuss and she visits the vet every other day for a check up. She is fully loaded with antibiotics and pain killers. The vet was pleased with her progress on Friday so I hope that the same can be said tomorrow.

It was our first Birthday crop yesterday! I can't believe that a year has gone by already. So much has happened in that year; I have made some lovely friends; been taught some amazing classes; taught twice; made a whole host of different cupcakes and become part of the ATDML design team. What an amazing year it has been.


At the crop, I managed to finish half of one lo and 3/4 of the class lo. I finished them both today. I am a 'fully loaded' type of scrapper, no white space and minimal pages for me. Even when I digi scrap I have to pile on as much as I can.

So the first of my fully loaded pages is this one
I made it for this class over on 2 peas.



In the afternoon the very talented Denise

taught a page using the very beautiful and sparkly MME papers which are available here.


I changed mine about a little and used the sweet tag, which was what Jane had suggested, to make it a bit more girlie and of course loaded it up a bit more. I loved the way Denise cut around the franking marks but when I did that they encroached onto Gracia's face so I cut around the stamps instead.



Also, I had only brought one 6 x 4 photo (I really must read the emails I send out with class photo requirements). I fully intended to add another photo when I got home but then decided to use the other photo space for journaling. I love the words of the Bruno Mars song so used those.

We all loved the class and I am amazed at the variations that people made (photograph from Denise's blog).


As always it was a lovely day and I am counting down the days until the April crop. Have a lovely week.

Reasons to be cheerful:

1. Kiera is on the mend.

2. Gracia announced today, for no apparent reason, "You are not just my mum but my friend too!"

3. Blissful Saturdays spent with friends playing with paper and glue.

Photobucket

4 comments:

Amy said...

I'm glad to hear Kiera is on the mend :-)
Congratulations on the one year anniversary of ecclectic Keepsakes, the cake looks fabulous!

Sian said...

Great news about Kiera. I'm so glad.

Every month when Deb and Denise post about the wonderful time they have at your crop I feel more than a little envious. It sounds like such good fun.

Sue said...

Gorg lo- I remember thinking that mu "mum" was my friend around that age too - Lovely :) xx

It was great to see this layout "in person" on the call today - even better to see it on your blog and realize the journaling is from one of my favorite songs! :) You make beautiful scrapbook pages!!