Which amazing day?

07:40 Karen 4 Comments


On the prompt for Blogging for Scrapbookers today, Shimelle said we should think back to one of the most amazing day of our lives.

But how can I choose which day was an amazing day? Was it the day I met David, was it the day (not so long after) that I realised I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him, was it the day we got married or was it the day that Gracia was born? How do I choose because they were all amazing days. Just thinking about them all makes my heart swell with happiness and gratitude for all our little family have.


I was in a pub with a group of friends when I met him, I thought he was offhand and he thought I was loud, we later discovered that he was deep and thoughtful and I was fun and exuberant - same people but different perceptions and these character traits are the ones that made us love each other.

I was riding a bike, a tandem in fact - with David on the front, when I realised that he was the one and that I must do everything possible to hold on to him.

I didn't want to get married, at the time I didn't feel it was necessary, but am so glad that we did and although there were many people who were sure it wouldn't last - here we are 25 years on.

acrylic frame made in 2010

I wanted a daughter so much and when Gracia finally came along she completed our family and is the cement to our foundation stones.

page from 2006

How can I choose which was an amazing day - I am so lucky spending time with those two and now Gracia's Josh has joined our little family almost every day has its amazing moments. I don't have an amazing day but an amazing life.

Page from 2010

Reasons to be cheerful:


1. Reminding myself of how fortunate we all are to have each other.

2. Today was warm and sunny - perhaps spring has arrived.

3. Spaghetti and meatballs for tea - yum.

Photobucket

4 comments:

Sandra said...

What a lovely post .. you are very lucky and have a lovely family.

Sian said...

It is, indeed, a lovely post.

humel said...

What a beautiful, positive, grateful post! Really lovely :-)

Carol Anne said...

Dropping by from BFS. A lovely post... and I absolutely love that picture frame!