AWOL

06:52 Karen 16 Comments



Don't you just hate it when real life supersedes your cyberspace life? This week started off ok but by Friday I had totally lost control of time and mania had set in.

I like to keep up with my google reader on a daily basis - no chance by the end of the week, which means that I now have 118 blog posts to read and reply to comments from people who have commented on my blog from the B4SB class! My house looks like someone has held a jumble sale in it and didn't bothered to clear up afterwards and my washing pile is beginning to climb out of the dirty linen basket.

BUT I am not going to give myself grief over it because I'm going to focus on the things I have achieved this week

  • All my Rainbows went home on Monday with a little parcel of home made peppermint creams and a Mother's Day card.
  • On Friday all the church youth group went home with a little parcel of home made chocolate truffles and a hand made card.
  • I designed and prepared kits to make a bag for the crop class yesterday.
  • I made cupcakes for all the ladies at the crop.
  • Everyone in our house was fed and watered and I managed to do 2 of my 3 allocated runs (third one today) for the couch to 5K program.
So all in all a very busy week, not always doing what I wanted but always managing to do what I needed - I think I will award myself a good prioritising pat on the back!

Yesterday was my day. I spent the day with my friends at our crop and poor Karen had to put up with the totally manic and feisty person that I turn into when overtired.

I taught a class where this was the end result


made a page for this class


made two mini books, 1 in preparation for Gracia's 18th birthday


and 1 in anticipation for a day out in London that I am planning to celebrate the aforementioned birthday and our 25th wedding anniversary.


And as for today, well I do think that a major clear up of the downstairs of the house is in order, along with a big food shop and a marathon clothes wash.

Well that's my Sunday sorted - what are you getting up to?

Reasons to be cheerful:

I am sorry but Blogger has decided to shout my reasons to be cheerful and I cannot seem to change the font size!

1. The mania that was last week is over.

2. Looking forward to a run later today.

3. Loving the time I had with the girls at the crop and being inspired by their creations.



Photobucket

16 comments:

Tracy said...

Wow, you have been busy. Happy Mothers day!

Amy said...

I'd be inclined to mark all blogs as read and start afresh next week - that was a marathon of a week for you!

Enjoy your Sunday and I hope you have a lovely Mother's Day :-)

Sian said...

I don't mind a big shouty reasons to be cheerful - you know how much I always enjoy iy lol.

That bag is gorgeous. Getting envious again..

Have a great Mothers Day Karen!

Jo said...

Wow you have been so busy and acheived so much. The bag is gorgeous as are the layout and mini books. Enjoy your Sunday

Sue said...

:) Busy lady!! Class looks wonderful.
Have a lovely day xx

Jo.C said...

Beautiful - you are very talented and there will be a lot of happy people out there after your busy week :0)

Tammy said...

Wow - beautiful projects! I would probably mark all the blog entries and read and just start over next week! Sometimes, there just isn't time. Everyone understands that. Hope you find more time next week. :)

Happy Mother's Day, Karen! You certainly have been a busy girl. Love, love, LOVE the bag you designed for your crop class!!! Well done, you.

And I've been having similar issues with Blogger having to do with line spacing. Instead of having short paragraphs it has lumped three paragraphs into one making it more difficult to read (I think). So frustrating, but I like that you shouted out your thankfulness. :o) xo

Happy Mother's Day! Lots of beautiful inspiring projects!!! xoxo

scrappysue said...

Happy Mother's Day! Wow, what a busy week, but also what an amazing array of projects; absolutely beautiful! Reckon you need a week off to recover!

scrappyjacky said...

I saw the 'made' bag on Denise's blog....it is just stunning. You've achieved sooooooo much this week....definately reasons to be cheerful!

Angelfish said...

What a beautiful bag you made:)

Fiona x

Donna said...

Wow - you achieved such a lot this week.... and that bag is beautiful.

alexa said...

Gosh, no wonder other things haven't been attended to because you have been so busy being creative and kind to others! That's what they (and we) will remember - the washing won't care!

Michelle said...

That bag is awesome! My daughter would LOVE it sooooooo much :)

You've been so busy, it looks cool!

humel said...

Aww... You have my sympathy! I've fallen way behind with blogs this week, and don't even mention the housework.....!! Hope you're feeling more on top of things now xx