Cropping with the Devine Miss E - reload

07:41 Karen 11 Comments


If you are regular readers of my blog you will know that I am lucky enough to go to two crops each month. One is usually on the first Saturday of the month and has about 18 to 20 ladies and the other one is usually on the second Saturday of the month (although Mel is kind enough to juggle the dates so that I can go to both if they clash xxx) and has between 4 and 8 ladies. The little crop is more like an extended crafting coffee morning and it is not unusual for Mel or Elaine to bring along the babies. This time last year I posted about how much I like having the Divine Miss E to cuddle at the crop.

This was the photo of her then (in case you don't want to follow the link to the post)


and this is her now.
Hasn't she grown into a beauty, just look at those adorable squidgy cheeks - just perfect for kissing and what about those little piggy tails in her hair - doesn't she just make your heart melt. What a good girl she is too, she spends time playing with toys and roaming in the garden and I am sure her mummy, Elaine, said she got 4 pages made yesterday! I think I would have been lucky to have even managed to get my stash unpacked let alone scrap when Gracia was that age.


So what have I been up to this week?


I have cut all but 20 of the cupcake wraps - job to be finished today.

Made 75 passion flower Easter cards with children at school.
Only done 1 run of my week 3 runs so have decided to restart week 3 today
and made two pages for different challenges.

I really like the idea behind this new challenge blog as journalling is a big part of why I love to scrap. I have always made pages to vent my disappointment, joy, anger, delight or whatever I am feeling at the time. I find that writing it down and making it into a page is very therapeutic and I like to look back on these pages more than any others. So my first page is about how I feel about the prospect of the kids going to Newcastle to study.


my second page is for this class over on 2Peas and from this sketch on Creative Scrappers.


Photos taken on Friday and scrapped on Saturday - something I have never managed to do before!


Have a lovely week and I will be back soon with the remaining projects from my ATDML March DT kit, as promised earlier but never delivered!

Reasons to be cheerful:

1. It's the Easter holidays - long days of doing, mostly, as I please.


2. Going for a run (well a slow jog) with the dog as soon as this post is up.

3. The sun is shining, the birds are singing and all is well with the world.

Photobucket

11 comments:

Alison said...

The Divine Miss E is indeed Divine! I love both your LOs too..it's a time of very mixed feelings when your DD goes off on her own-I remember it well!
Alison xx

Irma said...

lovely page! thabk you for playing along with us on Once Upon a Sketch.

You are so cute, Karen. I love seeing you holding that sweet little baby girl. You're just like me - if there's a baby in the house I'm holding her!

I just love the layouts you created. As I was admiring all the lovely details I imagined what it would be like to be at a crop with you. I'm sure you are the envy of all your scrap friends every time you complete a page and hold it up for all to see. xo

Wanda said...

Thanks for sharing the link to the sketch site. I've added it to my reader for future inspiration (I need all of that I can get!).

Sandra said...

oh she's a sweetheart.

What stunning layouts too. Ok, I think I may now realise where I'm going wrong at crops ... all the crops I attend I treat like an extend coffee and chat time LOL.

Lou said...

Absolutely love your LO's... and your take on the Once Upon Sketch! The journalling works fantastically like that! Great to have you at Once upon... too!! Gorgeous LO!!
Lou xx

Sian said...

Ooh, sounds like I might like that challenge blog too..

Your layouts, as always, repay careful study Karen. Beautiful stuff!

Denise said...

What a little cutey -and they are both lovely photos of you too.I love her little pink dress and her bunches.Beautiful layouts Karen,and thanks for sharing the links x x

{Ross} said...

Thank so much for your entry on Once Upon A Sketch!

How adorable! She is indeed gorgeous..how proud you must be. Thanks so much for playing along at Once Upon A..Sketch. I love the way you did your journalling..

Rhona said...

What a difference a year makes ;o) and the Divine Miss E is certainly a little cutie! Your layouts are great and I love your journalling though I find that the most difficult part. xx