Now and Then

07:33 Karen 10 Comments



As prompted by Shimelle, this morning, I looked back on my blog and found a post that I had made exactly 2 years ago!

I cannot believe that I have been blogging longer than that but the proof is on the sidebar - I have been blogging for almost 3 years!


So what's the same as then, well I made a page with a butterfly on

- still making pages with butterflies on, and Gracia is still pointing out that there is no relation between her and butterflies.


Gracia still studies way to hard and for way too long and doesn't give herself enough breaks.


Kiera is my running companion


and is much better after her nasty accident earlier in the year. She still loves going in the river and as we are off next week I fully intend to give her this treat as often as possible.

I still aspire to be a better hand cutter but resign myself to the fact that I really do not have the patience. (A note to those who read my blog yesterday - I am cutting the cupcake wraps out on my craft robo and not by hand).


AND my Reasons to be cheerful from two years ago still stand today. I love going for walks with my girls. The invoices are done and out of the way and I have a very long holiday starting on Friday.


Reasons to be cheerful:


1. It is good to look back and remember how good life is now and how good it was then.


2. Kiera has almost fully recovered from her accident.


3. Anticipation for the weeks to come
.


Photobucket

10 comments:

scrappysue said...

Oooh, what a lovely flashback. I love butterflies too, I try and put them on everything. My daughter studies for too long also, and she is only 12!

Mary Ellyn said...

That butterfly on your flashback is simply gorgeous!

Kimberlee said...

That is quite the elaborate butterfly! I love the pink rosettes on the other layout. :) Glad Kiera is doing better.

Becca said...

Glad that Kiera is doing so well. The butterfly on your old LO is beautiful, have to say I am a fan of butterflies but as yet I haven't put very many on my LO's.

Jo.C said...

Your layouts are beautiful - a lot of inspiration on one post - thank you

Beautiful pages! The comment that your daughter says there is no relation between her and butterflies made me chuckle out loud. I loveeeee using butterflies too! Love this post. xoxo

scrappyjacky said...

I tend to love using flowers...even when there is no relationship between the page and flowers!!!!

Denise said...

That layout on your flashback is simply gorgeous.I'm like you,I never tire of seeing and using butterflies.I love the way you have embellished that layout.Very inspiring..That's a great photo of you running-and I'm so glad Keira is doing well now x

Sharon said...

The layouts are lovely, especially like the first one.

humel said...

Butterflies are beautiful, and so is Gracia :-) So interesting to compare and contrast 2 years ago with here and now! xx