Three Birds With One Stone!

21:04 Karen 12 Comments



I hate housework. I hate it with such a passion that I almost recoil inside when I think of it, but is is one of life's necessities for a harmonious marriage. David on the other hand loves a clean and tidy house, hates mess and is very caring of all the things in the house.

I have to really force myself to clean, dust and tidy - I think it is a thankless task and the results of hours of work only last a very short time. Our house is very old - 300+ years and we have a coal Aga which means that twice a day a scuttle of coal is shook into it causing black coal dust to fly out and land on all the kitchen surfaces. Where is this going?

Well yesterday I took the plunge and tidied the spare bedroom, it took me several hours (most of the mess and clutter are mine, well if I am being honest all of the mess and clutter are mine) but as a reward and a carrot to keep me going I on/off scrapped this page.



The Echo Park papers are just fabulous and lend themselves so well to photos of Gracia's birthday. So I made it for the ATDML blog (using Echo Park papers and Lemonade Bazzill from the shop) more details on about how it was made are on ATDML blog,

for Chicken Soup (inspired by the bunting)

and for the Once Upon A Sketch challenge (I used the sketch turned on it's side) I love this journalling based challenge blog.


Rewarding myself with something I love is the only way I can get through housework. I have been known to go out and buy myself a bunch of flowers once the whole house is clean and tidy!

Reasons to be cheerful:


1. I have a tidy spare room (for the time being).


2. An absolutely sublime day at work.

3. In sorting out the spare room I have put winter away and got out summer - am I being a little premature?


Photobucket

12 comments:

Alison said...

Beautiful LO Karen..and well done on the spare room!
Alison xx

Jo.C said...

I love the LO and I feel your pain as I have just blogged that I don't like House work either :0)

Amy said...

Oh the dreaded housework ... hmmm, you are not alone by any stretch of the imagination!

Once again you have a lovely layout for us all to see :-)

Hear hear! I am just like you. I put it off for much much longer than I should and still give myself the reward of scrapping...I know I am bad...
Love the pretty page and think it is so fun you wanted to play along at Once Upon A...Sketch.
Take care!

scrappyjacky said...

I am totally with you on the housework front....and having a 'reward' at the end is a great incentive.
A beautiful LO.

Irini said...

I agree...how could any one like house cleaning....when there are so many other wonderful things we can do????
Love your take on the sketch...
lovely layout!

Irma said...

Lovely photos and such a pretty page!
Thanks for playing along!

What a sweet layout! Thanks for playing at Once Upon a Sketch!

Becca said...

A women after my own heart, I am not at all keen on housework either. I can't believe that no one has suggested that you turn the spare room into your craft room!
It's a lovely layout Karen, love the multi tasking ;)

{Ross} said...

Beautiful page!!! How many details! Great!

Denise said...

I am sooooo with you on the housework front too.Those Echo Park papers are really lovely,as is your layout :-)Gorgeous colours you have used.

This is absolutely gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing along at Once Upon A... Sketch! xoxox Nadia.