Another Lovely Day

07:46 Karen 7 Comments


Yesterday, was our crop day and what a lovely day it was. I got to sit with my best bud Eileen and also my friends Jane, Denise and Deb (in order of appearance - that sounds like I am judging them on what they were wearing! I mean in the order that they arrived) - you must read Deb's blog post it is just sooooooo funny

I know I say it every month but I really love how the crop has evolved. Karen C and I were chatting in the car park afterwards and saying how lucky we were with all the ladies who come. We commented that anyone could sit on any table and feel that they were scrapping with friends! We really don't have set places and I know that little groups of friends sit together but each little group joins in with different people each month. Also I love how new ladies are instantly welcomed into the fold and made to feel at home. So to any of the crop ladies reading this a big THANK YOU for making our crop so lovely.xxx

Now on to scrappy things.

First the cupcakes of the day were vanilla truffle (I made the truffles from an old recipe given to me by a friend that was in a cook book that belonged to her mother)


and orange.


I tried each variety, more than once, and can vouch that they were very good!

Then on to scrapping. As usual I spent 80% of the day chatting and only 20% actually doing anything remotely craft orientated. I managed to finish 1 layout and start cutting out some trees for another. This is the one I finished.


I have to admit that all I had to do was a bit of doodling round the patterned papers, stick the flowers and photo down,


sew on the buttons and journal on the card. Those few things took me until 2pm!

We had a fantastic class, using Emma's Shoppe papers, designed and taught by Mel Hand from ATDML. More about this later - maybe today, if not tomorrow.

Finally, as Ann, Mel and Karen were at the crop and we were talking about the cyber crop next weekend I thought I would remind you and give you some sneaky peeks of the classes and challenges I have done.

First up is a lo for challenge No. 1


Then my first class is a mini book using Bo Bunny Vicki B


or Bo Bunny Ad Lib.


Then I have made a page for Challenge 5 using Echo Park Springtime.


Finally, I have another class using Cosmo Cricket Social Club



More little tasters of cyber crop things to come from the ATDML design team.


So clear the decks, stock up the freezer and come and join us next weekend.

Reasons to be cheerful:

1. A lovely day spent with lovely friends.

2. How good it will feel once I have cleared the house up this morning.

3. Gracia only has 6 more exams left to do and then peace and harmony will reign once again over our little household.


Photobucket

7 comments:

Sue said...

I wish i lived closer!! Sounds wonderful. Love your layout and those yummmy sneeky peeks. I hope i get chance to play along next weekend. I do have to go out on Saturday though:(

scrappyjacky said...

Sounds like a lovely day....wish I lived closer as well....would love to come!!

Sian said...

I'd be right there too if I could. Your class peeks look fabulous Karen

Bubbles said...

I'd be there too - sounds like an amazing gathering of people. I have craft club once a month... not nearly enough visits, and everyone does their own thing IYKWIM...best thing about our craft club is going with my best friend and also my mum.... though having the club at the local crafting shop (which is also a farm shop) and having the tills open all evening is a definate bonus :)

I always love these posts about your time cropping with your lovely friends. The cupcakes look yummy (as usual) and your layout is adorable (as always).

I so with I could participate in the cyber crop! Just doesn't work out for me this time. SOMEDAY!!!

humel said...

Love that layout!! And why don't you put your crop on the road and come visit us all?!

Cheryl said...

I'd be there defo and looking forward to the week end x