It's as simple as it gets! May The World Be Your Oyster

05:32 Karen 14 Comments


One of my lovely blog friends, Amy, is part of a new challenge blog. All the ladies lament the demise of Simple Scrapbooking magazine and decided to set up a blog encouraging scrapping the moment in a simple way. It's called Simple Aussie Girls.

Their first challenge went up a little while ago and I have finally found the time to make a page for it.


Although I didn't think I would like the finished result - far too simple for my style, I really do. I like the fact that I made it with scraps I had in a 'baggie' left over from another project which meant that there was no need to go delving in my stash for papers.


I love that the sketch had room for lots of journaling and on my journaling I talked about the happenings of the day and the near future.

'Today you both finished your final A level exam and a whole new chapter of your lives is beginning.

This evening you are both out with your respective friends, comfortable in each other's company and comfortable enough to go out separately. In two weeks you embark on your travels around Europe for 5 weeks and then a few short weeks later you are both off to Newcastle to begin your degrees.

We will miss you both, remember to stay safe, look after each other and have lots of fun.'

BUT what I loved most was that I was able to complete the page in 45 minutes - a record for me, the girl who takes anything up to 5 hours to make one layout! So I am going to keep a keen eye on this blog and try to join in and scrap the moment. I like lots of journaling on my pages that tell a story and this challenge blog is, surprisingly, right up my street!

Reasons to be cheerful:

1. The dreaded A Levels are now over and Gracia is quite confident in all but her maths one.

2. My girl has finally found a life other than studying and was out 'clubbing' till the early hours this morning.

3. She is making the most of what time she has left with her best girls, until they all go separate ways in October.


Photobucket

14 comments:

debs14 said...

What a lovely layout and I love the journalling you have done. From now on, their lives are going to take a whole new direction and it's going to be fun following them through your pages! These years are going to fly by, so will be good to have your lovely layouts to remember them by.

Amy said...

Karen I am so pleased that you found the sketch was something you could adapt, your journaling is so heartfelt and I agree with Deb, having this on paper will be a great keepsake in years to come!

Mel said...

Gorgeous LO. love the simplicity of it and thanks for pointing out the blog, I shall frequent. I love the journaling.

Alison said...

Great LO Karen..I'm hoping to get my version of it done in the next couple of days! glad to hear Gracia has her life back
Alison xx

Diane said...

What a great take on the sketch. It is great to know a simple sketch from us has resulted in a very special story told so beautifully. Last night I was looking through my pages for something but ended up reading may others...many with simple moments I had forgotten. This hobby of ours is brilliant. Thanks for joining in.xx

Emma said...

Awesome layout...glad you liked it once it was done! Love your two strips of patterned paper. Thanks for taking part.

nicole s said...

Glad you are happy with your 'simple' layout. I really like it, too!!

alexa said...

This is just lovely - adding the pretty papers and words as well as the photo is a great take on the design ...

Denise said...

I'll have to have a lookeee over there at their sketches.Deb is right, It's great to follow them via layouts as they go through Uni.
A perfect layout for lots of journalling. Glad to hear Gracia is chilling and enjoying herself.x

Bubbles said...

What a lovely layout... and the journalling is so beautiful.

Sandra said...

It's simply stunning

Gégé said...

Very beautiful layout!!!
Gégé from France!!!

humel said...

I love your take on the sketch - the layout is lovely and your journaling brought a tear to my eye xx

Diane said...

Hi Karen

We where hoping we could use you page for our Challenges Submission post this weekend.
If so would you be able to email me a copy.
diane@hermans.net.au
Thanks so much
Diane at SAGs