Awards and Catching Up

12:22 Karen 9 Comments




First of all a big thank you to Alison for awarding me this blog award.

In return I have to tell you 7 things about me .........................................

1. I have lived with my husband for 27 years and in those 27 years have only lived in a finished house for 7 months, all the rest of the time the houses have been works in progress and the one that I have lived in for the past 19 years is still a work in progress.

2. I got married on my birthday and everyone in the church sang happy birthday to me before the ceremony began.

3. I have been a vegetarian for over 20 years but there are so many vegetables that I don't like.

4. I get up very early every day (including Sundays) normally about 6am. Once I am awake I have to get up.

5. I am under 5 foot tall and my husband is 6 foot tall.

6. When Gracia was born the doctors told me she was a boy and I believed them. Instead of thinking 'is he healthy' I thought ' Oh no - I have to go through this again to get my girl'. Fortunately, their joke didn't last long!

7. For over 10 years I was a member of an all ladies morris dancing troupe and we danced all over the country.

I am going to send the award off to

Sue - She makes the most awesome cards.
Eileen - just because she is my best bud.
Karen - A cornucopia of crafting loveliness.
Lizzie - Such a lovely storyteller and talented bookbinder.
Deb - Because she has the most quirkiest sense of humor and her and penguin together are so funny.
Denise - You only have to take a peep at her blog to be filled with awe at the lovely creations she makes.
Alexa - a very talented, inspirational and generous digital scrapper.

Now onto more craft orientated things. After purloining the map and making it into embellishments I then had to use them on a page.


I wanted to revisit my word for this year 'Believe' as it was languishing in a corner and feeling very lonely and unloved! Not enough self belief been going on recently. Others may disagree but I am good a putting on a front! So I downloaded a cutting file for the title, chose 4 photographs taken at a very scarey outing to Go Ape, found a quote and made my page.


I am now almost ready to start on this week's prompts.

Reasons to be cheerful:


1. Only 21 more days (I am even more excited now because I thought it was 28 and when I checked it is only 21).

2. My really painful back caused through lifting a heavy box incorrectly, is now much better and I think I will be ok to start exercising again on Monday.

3. My printer is now fixed. It said that it needed maintenance and would not work but after serious googling I found a man who for the princely sum of £2.99 sent me a cd which fixed the problem. Apparently Epsons have a counter that stops the printer working after so many prints and they have to be sent back to get it reset!


Photobucket

9 comments:

Amy said...

So much to see and learn today Karen!
I've just realised that I thought I had commented on your last post when indeed I have not ... well, I am here now!
You have used the cirlces beautifully, but I am not surprised, your layering and embellishing is always spot on :-)

Sian said...

Wow, getting married on your birthday - how romantic! I love the way these lists give us a chance to find out a little bit more..

Alison said...

So glad to see you picked some of the blogs I would have chosen if allowed to have more than seven! Great LO and loved finding out more about you!
Alison xx

I love how you used those sweet embellishments, Karen! And it was fun reading your list of 7 facts. I think it's SO cool that everyone sang Happy Birthday to you at your wedding! :o) ♥

Bubbles said...

Love the layout... but that rope sure doesn't look too comfortable! *lol*

scrappyjacky said...

I wonder if you danced in Hastings when you were a Morris dancer....they come here from all over the country on May Day....and it's wonderful to watch.

This is totally gorgeous :)
Good luck in your new adventure xx

Rach H said...

Beautiful embellishments! The layout is fabulous!!!

Sandra said...

I really enjoyed this post and finding out moe about you. Great layout too :)