Awards and Catching Up
First of all a big thank you to Alison for awarding me this blog award.
In return I have to tell you 7 things about me .........................................
1. I have lived with my husband for 27 years and in those 27 years have only lived in a finished house for 7 months, all the rest of the time the houses have been works in progress and the one that I have lived in for the past 19 years is still a work in progress.
2. I got married on my birthday and everyone in the church sang happy birthday to me before the ceremony began.
3. I have been a vegetarian for over 20 years but there are so many vegetables that I don't like.
4. I get up very early every day (including Sundays) normally about 6am. Once I am awake I have to get up.
5. I am under 5 foot tall and my husband is 6 foot tall.
6. When Gracia was born the doctors told me she was a boy and I believed them. Instead of thinking 'is he healthy' I thought ' Oh no - I have to go through this again to get my girl'. Fortunately, their joke didn't last long!
7. For over 10 years I was a member of an all ladies morris dancing troupe and we danced all over the country.
I am going to send the award off to
Sue - She makes the most awesome cards.
Eileen - just because she is my best bud.
Karen - A cornucopia of crafting loveliness.
Lizzie - Such a lovely storyteller and talented bookbinder.
Deb - Because she has the most quirkiest sense of humor and her and penguin together are so funny.
Denise - You only have to take a peep at her blog to be filled with awe at the lovely creations she makes.
Alexa - a very talented, inspirational and generous digital scrapper.
Now onto more craft orientated things. After purloining the map and making it into embellishments I then had to use them on a page.
I wanted to revisit my word for this year 'Believe' as it was languishing in a corner and feeling very lonely and unloved! Not enough self belief been going on recently. Others may disagree but I am good a putting on a front! So I downloaded a cutting file for the title, chose 4 photographs taken at a very scarey outing to Go Ape, found a quote and made my page.
I am now almost ready to start on this week's prompts.
Reasons to be cheerful:
1. Only 21 more days (I am even more excited now because I thought it was 28 and when I checked it is only 21).
2. My really painful back caused through lifting a heavy box incorrectly, is now much better and I think I will be ok to start exercising again on Monday.
3. My printer is now fixed. It said that it needed maintenance and would not work but after serious googling I found a man who for the princely sum of £2.99 sent me a cd which fixed the problem. Apparently Epsons have a counter that stops the printer working after so many prints and they have to be sent back to get it reset!