Is he going to miss the Outer Hebrides?

07:48 Karen 13 Comments




What is a girl to do when she is behind with her Explore prompts and it calls for embellishments made using maps? What alternative does she have when her colour printer is awaiting repair? How can she hope to catch up? The answer is to sneak out to the car, grab his road atlas and rip out the map for the Outer Hebrides with the hope that he never goes there!


Mission accomplished - 10 embellishments made using map paper, nine for a page and one for the playbook.

Catching up but I haven't even allowed myself to look at this week's prompts until I have caught up with last week's ones!

Reasons to be cheerful:


1. Necessity is the mother of invention!

2. Planning a little solo adventure for next week.

3. A secret stash of Galaxy counters :o)

Photobucket

13 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

Very inventive!!! The Outer Hebrides seems like a fairly safe bet!!!!

Sue said...

ha Ha ....Love it ..hope he never notices!

Alison said...

I reckon he'll never need The Outer Hebrides! Good thinking!
Alison xx

JO SOWERBY said...

i have a strong feeling that it would be just typical he gets to go there now,heehee
jo xx

Denise said...

What a brilliant idea ! - Might try that one myself :-)x

Sian said...

You didn't, did you? LOL!

debs14 said...

Love the way you thought your way through this one. The Outer Hebrides, yup, should be safe with that page gone!

Bubbles said...

Well, I guess that makes Christmas pressies easy this year... SatNav for hubby *lol*
Beautiful and creative embellies - so so pretty!

;o) Clever girl. I love these little embellishments, Karen, and love the detailed doodling you did around the edges of the base of each one.

I've been catching up on blog reading this morning. Glad to see you are doing Shimelle's class and I love your 4x6 format for your project. I'll look forward to seeing how you progress in the upcoming weeks. xo

Mel said...

I would laugh my butt off if he announced a trip there. They are just gorgeous though and well worth the (unknown) sacrifice.

Jo.C said...

I love this - you have made me laugh so much. Let us know if he ever twigs x

Jo said...

Ha ha, I ripped a page out of an atlas once for a layout :) I love your circle embelishments

Sandra said...

Far too clever lol