My Geordie Lass!

07:04 Karen 7 Comments



Well, this was the weekend and it all went so smoothly (discounting being in a traffic jam for 2.5 hours on Friday). We moved our little girl to Newcastle and are now home alone. She has already made friends with her flatmates and when we dropped her back into Newcastle town yesterday lunchtime, left us with hardly a backward glance. She was off to meet her new friends and embark on her new life and we are so immensely proud of her.

What tosh to call this the angel of the north - it cannot claim that name any more because a new angel of the north has arrived!



Reasons to be cheerful:

1. David who drove for a total of 16 hours over the weekend without a single complaint (well not about driving - there were maybe a few about the map reading and sat nav).

2. We left our girl with joy not sadness in our hearts because this was the right choice for her and she is so looking forward to the next chapter in her life.

3. Skype!


7 comments:

Laurie said...

I know it doesn't feel like it now, but you'll be surprised at how soon you get used to being home alone.
Chin up.

Ruth said...

I'm thinking of you all as you embark on this new stage in your lives.

:o) I had to click over and see what "The Angel of the North" was and you're right, it's got nothin' on Gracia.

I'm so happy to hear you sounding upbeat about this process, Karen. I know it will take some getting used to, but all in all it's part of the process of raising her to be an amazing adult. I'd say you and David have done an outstanding job with her.

PS: I LOVE the Dr. Seuss book you made for her! Awesome!!!

scrappyjacky said...

Like Deb I'm pleased you're being so positive about it....an adult life now awaits her.....though I'm sure no parent ever really sees their 'child' as a grown up!!!
We have friends with a son at Newcastle uni.....and he loves it there.

Rhona said...

Glad to hear that everything went well over the weekend and that Gracia is settling in so quickly. The North is very lucky to have a new Angel ;-) Thank goodness for Skype, how did we manage before! xx

naomi said...

My mum's family is from the north east and I adore visiting. The scenary is beautiful - you will love visiting and going out and about on the moors and little village's.

LOL about your 'angel of the north'!!

I'm sure she'll get on great and the time will pass quicker than you think.

See you in November xx

Alison said...

Glad everything went well Karen...just think, her first week is nearly over!I've been in Newcastle during 'Fresher's week' and I bet she's had a ball! You must be very proud of your 'angel'!
Alison xx