Up To Date!

21:48 Karen 10 Comments



I have finally caught up with my LSNED mini book and managed to make my page for yesterday in a very short time before work this morning.

So with no further ado let me give you 15th which found me entertaining a couple of friends from work and vowing that we must entertain more often.


On the 16th I drove to the orthodontist for one of our last appointments for Gracia's retainer to be checked and, as always, the elephant garden ornament made me smile. It was really strange to see this elephant with frozen squirts in the winter.


Going for a cooked breakfast to Sainsburys, with Gracia, is always fun but today she decided, of her own accord and with absolutely no coercion from me I must add, to don this pirate hat for a photo for Rinda's photo scavenger hunt.


The 18th brought the realisation that I must always check my footwear before leaving the house. We both take the same size shoes and have the same make of walking boots. Funnily enough there was a pair almost the same as the ones I am wearing at home!


The 19th was the day our Ivy was covered in beautiful butterflies taking the nectar from the flowers. It reminded me how beautiful nature is and of a hymn we sang in church on Sunday.


Reasons to be cheerful:


1. My blog friend Deb's health seems to be on the mend.

2. Spending the evening with Gracia making calendars for her friends.

3. My girl did so well on her UKCAT test and now has every qualification she needs to transfer from Biomedical Science to Medicine, if she wishes, next year.

Photobucket

10 comments:

Cheri said...

Congrats to Gracia for acing the UKCAT! And kudos to you for being all caught up with LSNED.

Bubbles said...

Thank you so much for making me smile! I've been working hard, so a short break was needed and reading about your footwear was so funny!
Well done you for catching up on the LSNED... it's looking great!

Amy said...

Oh yes, well done to Gracia, that is great news indeed!

Loving your pages a great deal Karen, they really look fantastic!

Sian said...

Well done Gracia! That's a clever girl you have there Karen.

I'm smiling about the footwear. My 13 year old daughter is already 3 sizes bigger than me

scrappyjacky said...

Ditto to Sian about Gracia and the footwear...no way I could accidently wear my DD's boots!!!

Alison said...

Congrats to Gracia! You have reminded me of a tale of odd shoes...I must try and remember it for a Storytelling Sunday!
Alison xx

Sandie said...

Congratulations to Gracia, you must be very proud. Love the pages... I;ve done about 3 so far! Ooops!

Gail said...

Congrats to Gracia! Loving your pages but that footwear one really got me chuckling.

Gail said...

Congrats to Gracia! Loving your pages but that footwear one really got me chuckling.

:o) Aren't you a sweet one, Karen. Thanks for thinking of me in your grateful list.

I had two pairs of shoes once that were identical except for color. I went to work one day and didn't notice until later that I had one black and one navy blue shoe for the day.

Love that Gracia pulled off the pirate shot for you!