Words of Wisdom

11:55 Karen 4 Comments

With the imminent departure of Gracia to university, I have put together a little goodie bag with sweets, toiletries, a 6 x 6 frame with a scrap page of the three of us but also wanted to give her a little surprise mini album that would make her smile and give her some subtle advise. Who better to turn to than Dr Seuss? These are the first books I read independently, the books that made me fall in love with reading and rock with laughter until my sides ached.

Unfortunately, Gracia's generation have missed out on Dr Seuss books so when I give her the little mini book it will be all new to her. I am seriously considering buying her some Dr Seuss books for Christmas.

So here is my 'Wisdom of Dr Seuss'.



I also cut two acetate pages and put a white rub-on on each of them.



For this page I made a little pocket and tag.





I wished I had used this paper for the front
but hey-ho you live and learn.

So it is the beginning of a new era, my gorgeous, talented, bright and beautiful, sensitive girl is off to embark on the next chapter of her life. I haven't packed yet for our trip to take her as by packing I am acknowledging that she is going away but I will have to get on and do it very soon. My house is full of boxes and new pretty things to make her room look nice and her bedroom is so empty that it hurts my heart to go into it.

Well I must get off to pack now and I hope you have a wonderful weekend.


Reason to be cheerful:

That we are the proud parents of one awesome girl. Take care, stay safe and have fun my darling baby xxxxx



Photobucket

4 comments:

Sue said...

I LOVE this - its BRILLIANT!!

Lizzie said...

A Beautiful and loving gift, Karen! Grazia will love it and I'm sure it will be a much-needed link with home.
However exciting it is to go away from home for the Big Adventure, it's still a bit scary and you still get homesick sometimes... How lovely to have something so special to help you know you are still loved and thought of.

I hope you don't feel to lonesome when Grazia has gone off to college. Did you know we're having a Bloggers' Weekend in November? Would you be free weekend of 25th-27th, to join us? Something special for yourself, to look forward to - meeting new people (well re-meeting "old friends" really!)... joining in with some crafting and chat... There Will Be Cake - guaranteed!
Come and see the posts on my blog if you might be interested.
Meanwhile, have a great Sunday and I hope all the rest of the Preparations and Packing go well.
:-)

debs14 said...

What a lovely gift and how apt are those quotations - she will love it! So it is nearly time for her big adventure to begin and this marks one of the toughest chapters in being a mum. Letting go. Encouraging that chick to fly the nest and look happy about it when she does, even though it gives you a funny feeling in the pit of your stomach. She'll be fine, and you'll have us to cheer you up!

Alison said...

What a great mini book..the quotations are perfect. I know this will be a hard time for you, but there is also a great amount of pride and joy as you watch them go forward onto this next part of their lives..I hope Gracia enjoys Newcastle as much as Kirsty did!
Alison xx