Have I shown you?

15:14 Karen 9 Comments


At the moment I am struggling to find time to create very much other than what is absolutely essential. I seem to have so many other things that are pulling on my time that blogging and scrapping come a very poor last :( .

Next weekend will see somewhat of a change though because I am going to a retreat at Stoke by Nayland Golf Club organised by Mel and Jill from ATDML. Although, I cannot get there for the start on Friday, I have not been in my new job long enough to take a day off (but I do have a cunning plan - ops turned into Baldrick again!) I am booked in for a class at 8:30pm. Then on Saturday I have another class at 9:30am, then I am teaching my class at 3:30 - Eeeeeek and have 4 classes booked for Sunday. So I am looking forward to meeting up with girls I haven't seen in ages, old
friends and hopefully making some new ones.

So thinking about ATDML reminded me that I very rarely put my work for them on my blog. Today is the day that it changes and I am going all the way back to April when Mel and Jill sent me some beautiful Bo Bunny Timepiece to play with. So without further ado I present my April DT pieces ........................................................................... drums roll and trumpets toot .......

Bound by Love - My mother and father in law on their wedding day.



The white doilies are the plastic packaging from the Prima flowers cut out and up-cycled.


A little Memory Book of my mum and dad.


Not long after they met - I think she was determined to get her man in those shorts!

When they got engaged.

Married.

With me (the baby) and my big brother.

Time Flies

How can that tiny scrap be Gracia?



Its Time To Say - Birthday Card


Our Home
(with some very old photos of the cottage)


With journaling behind the door.

Well, I think that is the fastest I have ever compiled a blog post! Now I must get on with sorting out my stuff for next weekend and start thinking about getting sorted for work tomorrow.

Wishing you the most stupendous of weeks.

Reasons to be cheerful:


1. Although I have less time - changing jobs was so the right thing to do.

2. Gracia went to Durham Cathedral and took Holy Communion there. I am so pleased that her faith has followed her to Newcastle.

3. Very much looking forward to a trip to London on Thursday, with work, to listen to a choral concert and then going for 'nibbles, to Dyers Hall afterwards. Ooooh look at me mixing with the posh people!


Photobucket

9 comments:

Alison said...

Love all your projects Karen..you sound very busy indeed...a scrappy retreat sounds lovely to me right now!
Alison xx

Sandie said...

It's lovely to see how you used those papers Karen and I love the little Memory book of your parents.
Have a lovely time next weekend, it sounds as though you will be busy. I'm off myself for a 3 day retreat and can't wait!

Cheri said...

Very beautiful projects Karen! You should be proud to be putting these on your blog. Have fun at your retreat.

Amy said...

My week will be stupendous thank you very much! Enjoy mixing with the posh people! :-)

Sian said...

I love all those old photos and how you have been inspired by them.

I hope you have a wonderful time at the Retreat. It sounds like it's going to have a packed schedule!

humel said...

Oh, Karen - these are all so beautiful!

And great news about Gracia :) Starting university can be a wobbly time for many Christians, so it's fab that she's done this xx

PS Have a wonderful time on Thursday!

scrappyjacky said...

Some wonderful projects,Karen....love how you've made the card.

Rhona said...

Lovely to see all these projects and I love the older photos too. Have a great time at your retreat and I think the ladies who'll be in your class are very lucky indeed! xx

Cheryl said...

Wow what an amzing project and what a lovely book love it x