Adapting to Change

16:24 Karen 6 Comments



Well, the week has simply flown by, without much crafting :( but Eileen and I did manage to make the time to watch Pirates of the Caribbean 4 on Thursday. As my new job involves sailing (not me I hasten to add) and one of the boats does look awfully like a pirate ship my mission is to get Jonny Depp to come on board dressed as Captain Jack - please excuse me while I swoon quietly in the corner!

I have yet to get used to getting home at 5:30/6:00 instead of 3:30 as I did before but I am loving the change.


Yesterday was our crop day. I was very laxed and didn't get my camera out once! So no photos of the cupcakes (lemon sponge with orange cream cheese icing) and even worse than than, no photos of the fabulous class that Sue taught. Sue can take a plain piece of cardstock and turning it into an amazing creation - take a look at this blog post. I was in a funny old mood - missing my girl and stressing about something that was out of my control! So didn't attempt the class but am really looking forward to using my class kit to make it at the first chance I get. I have a class for the ATDML retreat to get finished this week but once that has been done Mr Tim Holtz and your inky inks you just look out!

All I have to show for a whole day is this page.




Have an absolutely wonderful week.

Reasons to be cheerful:-

1. Sue - she showed us such a fantastic technique and everyone (but me) produced really lovely pieces of art.

2. Loving my new job.

3. My girl has booked a train home for the first weekend in November - Yeeeeeeeeeeeeees!


Photobucket

6 comments:

Bubbles said...

See.... no sooner do they leave, then they're back home visiting *lol*

I love this page - it's just so different (in a very good way)!

scrappyjacky said...

Such beautiful embellishments on this lovely page.
Your new job sounds really interesting.....I had a look at the link.

humel said...

Great to hear about the new job going well :) And what a really lovely page! Not long till her visit home then - yay :)

debs14 said...

This new job sounds very different to the old one and if you manage to get Johnny Depp to visit, be sure to let me know!
So sad I missed the crop yesterday, especially as it was lemon cupcakes time. What a lovely page you made and good luck with the inky inks!

Alison said...

So glad you're enjoying the job, Karen...and that Gracia's coming home in a few weeks! Love those embellies- may be copying these, if you don't mind?
Alison xx

Cheri said...

I know it is hard with your girlie being away. It does get easier with time (says a Mom with firsthand experience). Just as a warning though, I had an even harder time sending Sarah back to school after her first visit home than I did taking her there in the first place. After a while you do get used to their comings & goings.