From That to This - Part 1

08:18 Karen 7 Comments


Well, I have so much to show and tell, rather than bore the pants of you I will do two posts - two posts in one week I hear you cry, what on earth has happened?

As you will know, if you have read the previous post, I went to the ATDML retreat last weekend and brought home many, many unfinished projects. I have been slowly working my way through them and the one I finished first was Jane's Christmas Mini Book. A Book so luscious and beautiful that it deserves a post all of it's own. So that will feature in 'From That To This- Part 2', which I will schedule for Wednesday.

So, on to what I have created. On Thursday the lovely Eileen paid me as visit, as is her wont on a Thursday evening. We skyped Gracia who had not 1, not 2 but 3 young men in her room causing havoc, trying out her lotions and creams and generally annoying her, and guess who was the ringleader - Josh! We also did a bit of cutting and sticking. I took this (Ann's class from the retreat)and made it from that


to this.


Where has that little ball of fluff disappeared to? I can't believe those photos were taken over 5 years ago.

Yesterday was the day of our monthly Eclectic Keepsake Crop. Most of us mixed medium crafted, some making mini books, some making Christmas cards, some making scrapbook pages and most of us making a fabric mini table bin, a class taught by the very talented and very modest Jane. This will also be featured in FTTT - Part 2.

The cupcakes of the day were Lemon Meringue (sorry Deb I know you like lemon and couldn't make the crop and we so missed you and your perky little penguin) and Apple and Cinnamon.

I have decided that I would like to make some of my favourite digital pages into paper versions and so tackled two from last year. The first one I made from that to

this.


I made 8.5 x 11 so that I could print the journaling straight onto the cardstock and then cut out the embellishments on my Craft Robo - oh how I love that little piece of technology. I use it so often and it is so versatile. My one is one of the original ones and I got it second hand for £20.00 a bargain that I am forever grateful for. Thank you to Jill who pointed out, just in time, that I had missed an e out of Sheffield. The perils of putting a title on from the last letter to the first!

The second page I made was almost a direct lift of the original. So it went from that

to this.

I printed out the flowers and decoupaged them onto the page. Used white rub-ons on the Kraft cardstock and also printed out the title using the original digital alpha. I added a little Tim Holts journaling ticket and some pearls and it was finished.


So there we are projects that I have finished this week, other than Jane's mini - the best is yet to come I assure you!

Reasons to be cheerful:-


1. My girl is coming home for a visit on Friday - Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

2. A day spent with very good friends, all happy doing our own thing.

3. A puppy that has grown into a wonderful, devoted and gentle dog.



Photobucket

7 comments:

Amy said...

Karen, the title of your post popped up in my reader a while ago but I am only able to comment now ... anyhow, I've made lemon meringue cupcakes a couple of times, delish aren't they?
I love how you make digital and paper pages, I really enjoy seeing how elements translate between the two mediums ... how exciting that Gracia is home soon! :-)

debs14 said...

I was sad to miss the crop anyway but now I find out you had lemon meringue cupcakes... how could you??? My absolute favourite dessert of all time.
I'm off to sulk. And plot my revenge with a certain penguin ....

Cheri said...

Beautiful pages Karen - can't wait to see part 2!

I'm also so happy to see you post photos of your layout - love to study your amazing details. All of your layouts are gorgeous, but my favorite this time is the one of your sweet little Kiera as a puppy. The colors, embellishments, and photos are all just perfect!

The cupcakes look amazing (as usual) and I'm a little worried about the wrath you will suffer now that Debs is aware that she missed out on the lemon meringue. {yikes!}

Alison said...

You HAVE been busy Karen..love all your projects, but especially 'Kiera Boo'....I'd be on my guard for that penguin at the next crop..and can I be cheeky and ask if you would email your lemon meringue muffin recipe?
Alison xx

Sue said...

Goreous layouts darling- I wish I'd done Ann's class! Such pretty papers!
Those cupcakes look really yummy.

Sian said...

Ooh, Skype is a dangerous thing for a daughter who thinks she is out of sight lol!

It's fascinating to see the comparison between the paper and digital pages. I really enjoyed that!