From This to That Part 2

06:40 Karen 8 Comments

Well, here is part two and it features my two favourite projects of last week. First up is the absolutely gorgeous scrap catcher that Jane taught at the Eclectic Keepsakes crop on Saturday. By the end of the afternoon almost everyone had one of these little beauties dangling from their scrap space and can you believe it - some had even started using them for paper scraps! They were just so easy to make, especially with the comprehensive instructions that Jane supplied and even Denise who claims not to have sewn since leaving school had made a perfect scrap catcher. Now here's the deal, Jane has a few spare kits that are for sale at £7.50 including p&p. All that is needed to finish the scrap catcher is 250gms of red lentils to fill the bag that holds the catcher onto the table. If you would like a kit, email me at eclectickeepsakes@btinternet.com.

Now on to my other favourite project from last week - Jane's beautiful Christmas Mini Album.
The book cover was constructed from 3 pieces of chipboard which had a hidden magnet in the cover and another in the tab. The whole book was made using MME Lost and Found Christmas and it was just so gorgeous in its sparklyness. The book had 8 folded pages and the whole concept and construction was just genious. So without further ado here it is.
It is such a shame that the sparkle cannot be conveyed in the photos but imagine that all the red is glitter and you will get some idea of how beautiful this little album is. The idea is to put this year's photos and journaling into this ready made little beauty, making documenting the Christmas period much easier.

Reasons to be cheerful:


1. Finding 30 minutes each morning, before work, to finish this little book of gorgeousness.


2. That my blog readers have the patience to plough their way to the end of a very long and picture heavy post.

3. 3 more sleeps until my girl is home for the weekend.



Photobucket

8 comments:

Ruth said...

That mini-book is stunning!

Sian said...

I'm happy to enjoy all your pictures :) I was admiring Denise's scrapcatcher on her blog - I think it might be just the thing I need to stop me having to bring the vacuum cleaner out so often

Cheri said...

Your christmas book is gorgeous and how fun will JYC be now?! Getting to play with that book all month will be so inspiring!

Alison said...

That mini-book is just too fab!
Alison xx

Sandie said...

I just LOVE that mini book Karen. Have a nice weekend with G.

Amy said...

I really like the mini book too, those papers are lovely!

Have a great weekend! :-)

Rachel B said...

This is fantastic Karen, I love it! :)

Lizzie said...

Gorgeous little mini-book! I can see the glitter too - it's lovely.
The scrap-catcher is cool - somewhat more sophisticated than the Sainsbury's carrier bags stuck to the tables with tape, that our Scrap Club uses! Actually, I take one of my little enamelled metal buckets, which sits by my work area and collects my scraps. But still... that is rather a gorgeous solution and I must say I'm tempted...