Handing my homework in late!

21:43 Karen 6 Comments


When I signed up for this class I got really excited and then forgot about it.  For some reason I mucked up my sign in to the dedicated blog and didn't get the prompt.  That was until I saw Deb's post and then I remembered I had signed up for it.  Kirsty was really quick to answer my email and give me a new activation code to get onto the blog and so I can now start.  The homework was to look at some of your recent pages and decide what you like about them or what design features you use a lot.

My list is as follows.


One large photo (at least 7 x 5)
Lots of embellishments

Butterflies

Punched strips

Kraft labels, tags & tickets

Horizontal strips across the whole of the layout.

Very dimensional

Journaling strips

Clustered elements

Buttons

Layering

Large circles


So the next step was to incorporate some of these into a sketch and this is what I came up with.


So that is what I am starting with and tomorrow, hopefully, I will make a layout from it.  I have really enjoyed this process and am really looking forward to seeing what the final page looks like.

Reasons to be cheerful:

1.   The fabulous Miss Smith.

2.   Looking forward to finding time to do a little scrapping  tomorrow.

3.   Spending time on Saturday with a bunch of very creative ladies.


Photobucket

6 comments:

Amy said...

Good luck! I'm looking forward to seeing your results.

Rhona said...

At least you're in the classroom now. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Sian said...

I'm going to be very, very late - I'm meeting lots of deadlines this month. I'm looking forward to seeing how you interpret your sketch and add those "Karen" touches!

scrappyjacky said...

Love the sketch,Karen....I think this class is going to be fun.

Alison said...

Looking forward to seeing the LOs...it was Deb's post which reminded me too!
Alison xx

Laurie said...

Better late than never x