Homework No 1 - Completed

20:52 Karen 13 Comments

Homework no 1 completed and I am very happy with the results.  I took my sketch and from my check list I have included many of my favourite techniques.

  • There is a tiny bit of doodling (which I forgot to add to my list)
  • One (very) large photo
  • Kraft tags
  • Horizontal strips across the whole of the layout
  • Very dimential
  • Journaling strips
  • Clustered elements
  • Buttons
  • Layering

Apologies for the rubbish photo - dark when I leave for work and dark when I get back
so taking a decent photo at any time other than the weekend is impossible!

I have loved the process of designing the sketch around the things I like on the pages I love the most and then turning the sketch into this page.

 

Now I just have to get the next lot of homework done before Kirsty sets us some more!

 

Reasons to be cheerful:-

1. It's Friday!

2. I am bathed and in my pj's and off to bed as soon as this post is finished.

3. The lay-in I am anticipating tomorrow.


Photobucket

13 comments:

Rhona said...

A lovely layout Karen :). I also particularly like your things to be thankful for in this post - my sentiments exactly xx

scrappyjacky said...

A gorgeous layout,Karen....and such a beautiful photo of your daughter.

Candace said...

Lovely page Karen

Amy said...

The elements and layering on your page are lovely Karen .. great job on your homework!

Cheri said...

doesn't it just feel great to get your homework done? I'm struggling to keep up with mine, but enjoying every minute!

Denise said...

Beautiful layout Karen, as always.What a gorgeous photo-two stunners :-)

Sandie said...

That's a lovely page Karen - I especially like all your layers. Are you going to squeeze this into a pocket??

Michelle said...

Love ur layout! Esp the layering...I can't wait to see what else you do!

debs14 said...

Absolutely beautiful. I just love the way you layer things up and end up with something amazing. Can't wait to see layout 2!

Sian said...

I'm lagging sadly behind on my homework - but your beautiful page has me inspired to go and make a start. And I wasn't even going to do any scrapping today lol! I really love that stripe of fresh green on this page

Alison said...

Love all your layers Karen-the butterflies are fab!
Alison xx

Alison said...

Love all your layers Karen-the butterflies are fab!
Alison xx

Alison said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.