A Late Happy New Year

08:17 Karen 5 Comments


I would like to wish my blog readers a late Happy and Healthy New Year.

What a busy couple of weeks we have had. We spent Christmas in Shropshire and were all due to go to the Lake District but in the end only Gracia and David went (that's a story for another day). Since getting home the days have passed in a blur and I cannot believe that I am back at work tomorrow - having accomplished not very much. I am up to the 28th on my JYC 2011 but have yet to print out and add the photos.


Have made two little felt owls, as a birthday present, for Gracia's best friend at Uni but other than that have done very little else - just catching up with the many things that get left undone during the run up to Christmas.

So I will leave you with the remainder of my December DT work for ATDML.

Looking High and Low - photographs from when we went to Marks Hall in November (not one of my favourite pages and I cannot put my finger on why)!



Another Christmas star decoration.


And one of my all time favourite pages - Wherever You Are. I loved the lyrics from this song as soon as I heard them and they touched my heart as my girlie was so far away.



Reasons to be Cheerful:

1. Going for coffee (tea in my case) with an old friend.

2. Setting aside this afternoon to get some cutting and sticking done.

3. A spare room that I can now get into and find anything I am looking for.



Photobucket

5 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

I am always awestruck by your beautiful embellishments,Karen....that last page is just gorgeous.

debs14 said...

Looking forward to joining you in lots of fun crops in 2012 and learning how to make those lovely embellishments you use so cleverly on your layouts!

Sian said...

Happy New Year Karen! Here's wishing you a 2012 full of creativity

That layout with you and Gracia took my breath away, Karen. It's wonderful!!! Oh, and those adorable owls?!?! Gracia's friend is going to love them!

I'm glad to hear you survived the Christmas festivies and even managed to get organized in the process. Here's wishing you and your family all the best in this new year, dear friend! xo

Alison said...

What a beautiful pic of you and Gracia....and the embellishments ARE gorgeous
Alison xx