P is for Polka Dots and other things.

16:32 Karen 8 Comments


I am in my crafting zone once again and finding a little time to do what I love to do best - cutting and sticking.  I made a page for Ann's Thirsty Thursday spot over on Created by ATDML.  This week the letter was P so I made a page featuring Polka Dots.


Also, yesterday was the EK crop and although I didn't actually start making anything until well after lunch time I managed to get two pages finished and another set out and almost finished.  

As it was the first crop after Christmas and because the Christmas crop had three classes I had decided to just do a take and make and we took this


and made it into this.

Mine had cute photos in from Gracia's first Christmas up to Christmas 2011, when at 18 she still climbed into our bed on Christmas morning to investigate the goodies that Santa had left in her stocking.


I made a page about her beautiful baby blue Hunter wellies that David had bought her to go with the page I made in the Summer about her fabulously pretty flip flops.











 

Next week's letter for Thirsty Thursday is Q so I decided to make a quick page - 45 minutes from start to finish including journaling and title featuring a photo taken a mere 20 hours before!  
 
 
I usually take anything up to 5 or 6 hours to make a page which involves lots of paper shuffling and laying on and taking off of embellishments but it was quite a revellation to me that I can make something in such a short time!


So that is how I spent my Saturday, crafting with old friends and welcoming new but also missing those friends who couldn't make it due to circumstances beyond their control.  We all thought about you and missed your company - hoping you can make it next month.

Reasons to be cheerful:-

1. Gracia and Josh have safely returned to Newcastle with only a half an hour delay to their trains this time.

2. Spending time with ladies who have become very good friends over the past year and also with Eileen, my best bud of course.

3. Getting over the ache in my heart now that Gracia has returned to Uni and hoping that by tomorrow I will be able to talk about it without welling up.

Have a lovely week xxx




Photobucket











8 comments:

Ruth said...

A stunning set of layouts, the first one in particular.

scrappyjacky said...

You really were busy....and such wonderful layouts. I,too,love that first one.

Sue said...

Wow Amazing pages - Love them all ,my fave is the Winter Wellies-gorgeous!

Elaine said...

These r so lovely xxxx

Sandie said...

You were busy! Lovely layouts, Karen.

Cheri said...

Hang in there Karen! Gracia's comings and goings will get easier as it becomes your new normal.

Alison said...

You have been busy Karen...wonderful LOs! I'm hoping to get back to some scrapping later in the week
Alison xx

Jo.C said...

Wow - you really are in your crafting zone. The colours in the first one just pop off the page.They are beautiful. I'm sure Gracia would really appreciate a bath bomb - there may be a real spring like one in there now.