Honey I shrunk the sketch!

10:52 Karen 10 Comments

On to challenge No8 - to make it smaller. I still wanted a largish photo relative to the paper strips so decided to make the photo the focus of this sketch. 


I cannot remember making a page with as much white space and totally, totally love it.  I decided not to add any journaling as I didn't want to spoil all that empty space!


That's the thing about Just One Sketch, it pushes you to try things that you would not normally do and as you have the 'safety net' of your sketch to fall back on, you don't really mind.


 Reasons to be Cheerful:

1. We managed to go out to lunch yesterday and I spent a blissful hour mooching around Woodbridge, while David went to pick up his cello from the shop that services it and purchase a new bow.

2. The discovery of M&S pizza's.  Expensive but worth remembering for a special treat.

3. The sun is shining and I am hoping to go for a long walk with Kiera this afternoon.

Hope your week is a fabulous one.

Photobucket




10 comments:

Cheri said...

You are definitely rockin' the sketches Karen!

Laurie said...

You are doing so well with the sketches...Ive done 3 and ground to a halt !
Oh well hope to get going again soon.

Sian said...

I love all that white space too! And you have hit upon a problem which troubles me a lot - I often end up adding my journaling on the back, which is a compromise I know, but sometimes that space deserves to stay empty

debs14 said...

Absolutely lovely! And I have to say that I don't think I've ever seen so much white space on one of your layouts but it fits your style beautifully.

You're doing such a great job with this class!
Rinda

Alison said...

Another great one....love the white space- I love white space. but still have a need for journalling!
Alison xx

Amy said...

Your sketch works really well shrunk - I love it!

Lovely!!! I hope you got to take that walk...

Michelle said...

I love what you've done with the sketch! It looks gr8...I'm still playing along...just a lil behind!

Sue said...

ooo love this and what you have done with the butterflies