I'm looking in the mirror.

17:24 Karen 4 Comments


Can you believe it - two posts in one day (three if you count the EK post)!

While at the crop on Saturday I managed to make three pages! What has happened I hear you cry, but I was on a roll as I had 4 pages for Just One Sketch to catch up on and then decided to use up the scraps from my ATDML DT kit to make one final page.  I only had tiny bits and pieces left but enough to place either side of a very large photo so that they looked as though the spanned the page.  

The final remains of these papers have been consigned to the rubbish bin as even I, the most frugal scrapper in existence, could not make anything else out of what was left!

A little sneak peek of my page.


Ok - the 3rd challenge from Kirsty's Just One Sketch was to make a mirror image of your page.  Now my problem is that I like symmetry and my sketch is quite similar when it is turned or mirrored.  

I worried that all my pages are going to look the same but no - I made a mirror image 


  - added a little extra embellishment at the bottom of the photo 

and I had a new and unique looking page.



Reasons to be cheerful:

1.  Being pushed creatively by the Just One Sketch challenges.

2.  That my girl is such a cheeky madam (the photo was several years old as her teeth are beautifully straight now).

3. Manufacturers who make sparkly, bright, cheerful scrapbook papers.
Photobucket

4 comments:

Alison said...

Great page Karen...the colours really pop, and,as always, the embellishments are beautiful!
Alison xx

Lizzie said...

What a fun page - I love the photo and you've given it such a great background. The pile of flowers are great, the strips of strawberry paper are such fun. It's really nice!

debs14 said...

You really are the queen of pretty embellishments Karen, what a beautiful page.

Amy said...

It's amazing how flipping a sketch can totally change the look and feel - this is a lovely, vibrant and happy page Karen, I love it!