It's The Simple Things.

21:12 Karen 9 Comments


I always find that it's the simple things that make me most happy and this weekend has been one very happy one. 
  • Our girl came home for the weekend

  • I went to the little crop. Although, it was the last little crop we treated it as a celebration rather than a wake and had a bring and share lunch and a little bit of scrapping.

  • I took Gracia for a  'treats only' shop at Sainsburys and we filled the basket with cakes, biscuits and chocolate and all sorts of goodies for her to take home.
  • My best girl and I sat by the Aga and watched Burlesque together, I have watched it twice in the last couple of weeks but it was so much more enjoyable watching it with my girl.
  • David bought us Pizza Hut pizza and we watched a Harry Potter DVD together.
  • This morning we had egg muffins and hash browns for breakfast (we had promised Gracia a McDonald's breakfast on Saturday as she had left Newcastle at 4:15am to get home for the weekend and the train ended up being 90 minutes late so we had missed the time McDonald's serve breakfast.
  • We went for a lovely walk at Marks Hall and then had lunch there.

  • Then unfortunately, and way too soon, it was time to take her back to the station to get the 3:30 train back to Newcastle.
So, a weekend of not very exciting activities just the simple things that make us all happy.
When we got back from taking Gracia to the station I decided to make the next layout for the Just One Sketch challenge and as luck would have it, it was to go simple. I altered my sketch and took out all the strips of paper.


Buy when it came to making the page I added one back and used a horizontal photo.  I am a girl who likes a lot on her pages, with my layouts the more you can get on a page the better.  I joke that  a layout is not finished if 
a) you can pick it up with one hand or
b) you can get more than one layout in a page protector! So to strip the sketch back to basics and then stick to it was very difficult.  I think that this layout is a simple as I can ever do.

I chose a photo from Gracia's visit in the autumn when we also went to Marks Hall.




Reasons to be cheerful:

1. My girl and the lovely weekend we spent with just the three of us (plus Kiera of course).

2. The little crop and the friends it has given me.

3. The hot bath that is waiting for me.



Photobucket

9 comments:

Amy said...

I went to Uni four hours away from home and I clearly remember getting on the train on a Sunday night and feeling so heavy in my heart, that first year is hard but it does get better. It looks like you made the most of the time together and that's the important part!

scrappyjacky said...

It sounds like you had a wonderfully simple weekend of togetherness.

Cheri said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend with Gracia! It's a beautiful layout Karen, but far from "simple"...

Sian said...

A treats only shop! I like the sound of that..a few little treats from home make all the difference to student living!

Laurie said...

Lovely colours in your layout, glad you had a nice weekend.

Alison said...

So glad you had a fun time with Gracia...Kirsty likes 'treats only' shopping too...the LO is fab-love the browns and yellow!
Alison xx

I was so happy to see (on Facebook) that Gracia was home for the weekend. Even a brief visit is better than none at all. So glad to hear that you had a lovely time!!!

Sandie said...

That's a lovely page, Karen. I love the title and the photo - shadows are beautiful.

Marks Hall brings back memories - not been there in years. Glad you hd a good weekend and got to see your girl. Mine is heading off in 18 months and I'm not looking forward to mssing her.