She misses us as much as we miss her!

00:00 Karen 8 Comments


My beautiful bright star is coming home next weekend.  Earlier in the week she text to say that she was sad that Josh's lectures had been cancelled and he was coming home on Wednesday and staying until Sunday.  She was not sad he was going just sad she couldn't come home too.

After he had left she decided that she really wanted to come home next weekend - a real labour of love as she gets to our local station at 9:30am on Saturday (catching a train in Newcastle at 5am) and goes back at 3:30pm on Sunday - the journey usually takes her at least 4 hours, each way,  if the trains are running on time! 

Yesterday, after I had got home from the crop, there was a knock on the front door.  When I opened it Josh was there with a letter and box of chocolates that Gracia had given to him for us - before she had decided to come home. 

 How I miss my lovely sweet and generous girl and cannot wait to gather her in my arms next Saturday.

 ooOoo

The next challenge from Kirsty for Just One Sketch was to use monochrome. I snaffled this photo from  Gracia's Facebook account so have no information as to where they were or what they were doing.  


I decided that, that was ok as not all pages have to have copious amounts of journaling telling stories in great detail.  A page without any journaling and only a very small title made from journaling blocks!  I chose to make my page in various shades of green as the tree colour was so vibrant.  I never, ever make monochrome pages but after this one that is going to change. 

I love the harmony created by only having one tone of colour.  So only two pages behind (unless Kirsty has posted today's challenge already which will then make it three)!  Off to sort out some paper and card in colours I don't usually use for Challenge no 5!


Post written on Sunday and scheduled to go live on Monday.
Reasons to be Cheerful:

1. That our girl loves us as much as we love her.

2. Being introduced to monocrome scrapping.

3. Loving that I am finally allowed to be Gracia's Facebook Friend and so have access to a whole new plethora of photos.


Photobucket

8 comments:

Alison said...

I quite enjoy working in monochrome actually, though haven't done this challenge yet! So glad your girl's coming home...I think I've said already that I never realise how much I miss Kirsty until she's here with us!
Alison xx

scrappyjacky said...

I love these shades of green....and also quite enjoy using monochrome colours. Gorgeous embellishment as well.

Cheri said...

You know you've reached a new level in the mother/daughter relationship when you are permitted to be a facebook friend! Oh happy day!

Amy said...

I love monochrome scrapping, I often scrap that way.
Having a great relationship with my parents is something I never take for granted.

Becca said...

So glad that you get to see your girl at the weekend. You have inspired me with the monochrome, as I was struggling with that one :)

Laurie said...

Loving how your cone flowers turned out !

debs14 said...

Facebook is great for 'acquiring' pictures that you wouldn't normally get to take isn't it?
Enjoy having your girly home!

Lizzie said...

Ahhh... chocolates and a letter - how lovely! Glad you get to see your lovely daughter sooner than you expected to (doesn't she get a "half term" holiday, like the schools? I guess not... Have a lovely time while she's there.

Beautiful combination of greens in your layout there. I don't know that I've ever done a "monochrome" page either - maybe I will try it!
Of course, once Grazia has finished scolding your for snaffling her Facebook photos, you can ask her for the story behind the picture, if you want to... Or you could just give her the layout for a present and let her fill in the story on the back!
Lovely page - and lovely news too. A good day then, eh?